Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What happened to...?

getz out

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent a PM to George - I'll let you know if I get a response (or maybe he'll respond on his own).

As to others, there are probably lots who spent some time with us and left. Sometimes they come back on their own, sometimes not. PM anyone you remember and who knows? I got one guy to "lug" himself back here after a while....

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by Adamixoye:

I haven't paid attention too closely, but I'm noticing less TSBR these days.

I guess writing a song to turn a girlfriend into a fiance does take a lot out of you. ;)

He moved to Africa (home), and has less internet access. He pokes in from time to time, but it's not nearly so often.

thanks for asking - anyone remembered has made their mark here!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

• 4 months later...
I've been seeing fewer and fewer posts from PJR, and he said he's been downsizing in equipment....I'm worried :D
Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

WHat about bassplayer(some odd number). Hes been gone so long I've forgottetn his number!!

I beilieve you will remember who I am talking about though, played a jaf eidas and a reverend bass.

Hiram Bullock thinks I like the band volume too soft (but he plays guitar). Joe Sample thinks I like it way too loud (but he plays piano). -Marcus Miller

Originally posted by 57pbass:

Music Man has not been around in a long time....

I have thought that several times as well.

Thanks to your post, I called and left him a message.

Maybe he'll turn up...

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

I called M-M a few weeks ago and left a message as well. No response. I know he had a baby last year and moved. I also know he was due to change jobs about now. Busy folks. I miss him.

PJR has always been a less frequent poster here. He also sticks his Aguilar in at the Dudepit and Talkbass. He also has been working on building a new house (not sure how much he is doing vs. overseeing the work). And that's along with gigging and a day job.

I thought Raven had said something about some traveling, but not sure. Hopefully he'll turn up soon.

And I forgot to post that I had heard from George R. His financial situation is still tenuous, and I know he had some personal challenges in his life. All together, it's been holding him back from playing around with bass, or posting here.

We've had many people come and go. Cloclo pulled up the "string height" thread started by trustgod, reminding me that he was here briefly and had computer problems that prevented him from continuing. In the short time he was here, I got to meet him once.

lug was "gone" for a long time. Unfortunately, we know where he is now ;)

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Originally posted by getz76:

Originally posted by robb.:

c.a. claber is on holiday in aruba right now, so we won't hear from him for a while.

So, Alex, how was the holiday?
It was great! :D Antigua actually, but the right neck of the woods. Had a villa with mooring and wee speedboat - did some great snorkelling out on various reefs, even came face to face with some green turtles; encountered some dolphins whilst above the water; learnt to wakeboard - wicked fun!

Caught some quality live reggae/rocksteady/ska/dancehall and a fine steel drums band; and had the pleasure of an iPod with a quality selection of suitable tunez whilst relaxing on the deck and devouring novels (7 I believe). Good food, crazy roads, and chilled locals too. Maybe I should emigrate!

And brought a brief moment of sanity to a friend who's been playing keys on a cruise ship for 8 months, and is starting to go stir crazy, especially as he's only halfway through! ;)

Alex

It was great! :D Antigua actually, but the right neck of the woods. Had a villa with mooring and wee speedboat - did some great snorkelling out on various reefs, even came face to face with some green turtles; encountered some dolphins whilst above the water; learnt to wakeboard - wicked fun!

Caught some quality live reggae/rocksteady/ska/dancehall and a fine steel drums band; and had the pleasure of an iPod with a quality selection of suitable tunez whilst relaxing on the deck and devouring novels (7 I believe). Good food, crazy roads, and chilled locals too. Maybe I should emigrate!

I slipped and fell on some ice in Jersey City today.
Push the button Frank.

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by zeronyne:

Funny, I was just going to ask what happened to JulieCat! :D

..and now I am! JulieCat! You out there lurking still? It's been quite a while since we've seen you here, just want to be sure that you're alright!

Calling Dave Sisk.

What's happenin out there man? Still playin in church? What ever happened to ye olde project hohner?

Archived