Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What should I put in there?

Omor Nomar ff bass

I hoped the subject would get your attention. ;) Anyway, I recently bought my dream combo an swr super redhead and was wondering what to put in the single rack space below the amp. All of my effects are pedals and aside from the obvious: i.e. korg tuner, I was hoping to maybe get some suggestions.
Is there something on my face?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Omor Nomar ff bass:

I hoped the subject would get your attention. ;) Anyway, I recently bought my dream combo an swr super redhead and was wondering what to put in the single rack space below the amp. All of my effects are pedals and aside from the obvious: i.e. korg tuner, I was hoping to maybe get some suggestions.

I'd put in one of the Funk Logic\'s DD-301 Digilog Dynamicator\'s ... and they're affordable (I got mine for about $20).

http://www.funklogic.com/images/dd301b.jpg

Originally posted by getz76:

I'd put in one of the Funk Logic\'s DD-301 Digilog Dynamicator\'s ... and they're affordable (I got mine for about $20).

http://www.funklogic.com/images/dd301b.jpg

I suddenly need a 16 space rack and a whole mess of these things.

Afro: Absolutely nothing. If you flip the switch the light comes on, but that is all. Every word or phrase on the panel is a palindrome - spelled the same frontwards and backwards.

So really, it is just a filler for an empty rack.

Don't look back. You never know what might be gaining on you.

- Terry Pratchett: Going Postal

A good bass player knows the notes not to play. - Nick St. Nicholas

John

Dr. Sweet Willie also made a great suggestion. When I purchased my BBE SM, I came very close to getting the Aural Exciter too. I don't even remember what pushed me to the SM...but they really both are great little gadgets. You really can't go wrong with either one. They're both cheap...and the knobs on them actually serve a real purpose...haha.
Don't drink and drive. Get high and fly there.

Originally posted by Rocket:

I recommend a BBE Sonic Maximizer.

I also recommend a BBE Sonic Maximizer.

To me, it's worth it's weight in Cheez-It's. The obvious downside is it has only 2 knobs, and minimal LED's. :cry:

Ah, nice marmot.

tnb, I think the LIne 6 gadget goes for around $600 if you can find one.

And I've never used one, so I couldn't tell you anything about the performance.

I just thought I'd post a picture of a cool one rack space multi-effect for the original poster.

A rack-mounted tuner seems ridiculous to me. How often do you need to tune? Once when you take the instrument out of the case seems to work for me.

And I really do have a Funk Logic Digilog Dynamicator in my rack.

Hey Getz and 44, it's september, not april 1st!

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. I do have one of those Funk Logic units in my rack.

If the SWR Redhead is your "dream amp" and you already have stomp-box effects, then why are you so concerned about filling the empty space? Because it's there?

BumpC:

Dig, a 16-space rack would rule, full of all kinds of Funk Logic units. Imagine the look of the soundman when you show up carrying that rack in one hand, and then just throw in on the ground violently. :D

Topic: What should I put in there?

According to SNL-You could put yer WEED in there!

Additionally, I vote for a Funk Logic unit as well. Cheap, good looking, and they work as designed, every time.

I have been in a couple of studios that have some of these racked up.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Hey Getz, send me an mp3 clip of that funk logic and make me a believer! Otherwise you're gonna have a real hard sell. And yes, it is my dream amp, but does that mean I should never try other gear out? How boring. I challenge anyone who finds that perfect amp, bass, guitar or whatever to never buy another gadget ever again. Admit it. You can't help yourselves! :evil: So yeah, just cause the space is there, I'm gonna put something in it. (and you know you would too)
Is there something on my face?

Archived