Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Why Are People So Proud

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Nawledge: [b]everybody knows what happend to the devil, you'd think they would take a lesson, but some people are even proud to have a crack in their ass.[/b][/quote]ROTFLOL! Now that was so funny I don't have anything witty to say.... RobT

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

So what happened to the Devil? There are so many similarities in the stories of Jesus, Lucifer, and Prometheus, I have a hell of a time telling them apart. Lucifer in latin means "bearer of the light".

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

[quote]Originally posted by Ted Nightshade: [b] Lucifer in latin means "bearer of the light".[/b][/quote]Vivaaaaa Las Vegas......... Hm, I don't see much evidence of "people being proud" around me. Answering to and obeying officials they didn't elect, paying taxes that support things they don't believe in, watching Baywatch...nope, can't reconcile "people" being "proud" with "billions and billions served" by McDonald's. -Bobro

Yeah, being proud is deadly. It's funny because the ego can find it's way into just about anything. Even, well intentioned things the ego will find a way for you to feel "I'm better than this person because I do this or that." I mean, a person could be a monk, or so-called "holy man" or whatever, and become one pompous son of #@!#%! This type of ego, my cousin and I fondly call the "clairvoyant" ego. Even more ironic is that the ego(and it's many subdivisions-"clairvoyant", "intellectual", "material", "religious",) are just like a crack in the ass. Everybody's got one. Peace hermano, Jedi

"All conditioned things are impermanent. Work out your own salvation with diligence."

The Buddha's Last Words

R.I.P. RobT

People are proud of what their distant relatives did, and like to act as if it reflects on them. They get proud when the professional sports team bearing the name of the city they live in wins (Were you involved? No? Shut up). Today is Gay Pride Day in NYC. Lotsa pride goin' on. We need to evolve towards a general sort of happiness. gee, could I be any more vague?

[quote]Originally posted by Ted Nightshade: [b]So what happened to the Devil? [/b][/quote]once, in georgia, he thought he was a really great soloist and challenged some guy. the guy kicked his butt, and the devil had to give up his fiddle. incidentally, the devil's instrument was made of gold (pretty arrogant in itself), and it didn't seem to help the fiddle's acoustics. his sound was quite distorted, not sure if that had anything to do with his losing the competition.

[quote]Originally posted by Bobro: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Ted Nightshade: [b] Lucifer in latin means "bearer of the light".[/b][/quote]Vivaaaaa Las Vegas......... Hm, I don't see much evidence of "people being proud" around me. Answering to and obeying officials they didn't elect, paying taxes that support things they don't believe in, watching Baywatch...nope, can't reconcile "people" being "proud" with "billions and billions served" by McDonald's. -Bobro[/b][/quote]:thu: Right on!

Hey Wager... RE: The Devil I heard he was running behind and in a bind, so he decided to make a deal. Nawledge.... I am WAY proud that I have a crack in my ass. If I didn't have one of those, I'd always lean to one side or the other when I sat. Plus I think it would be really hard to poop. I'm pretty sure The Devil's a cool guy -- he's in great shape. He and I are into working out. We jog every day. We made a videotape -- it's called Running With The Devil. However, he has a hearing problem, so everyone in a while I really have to raise my voice so that he can understand me. Sometimes I have to Shout At The Devil. I actually went to Hair Cuttery with Satan so I could copy his look. I have The Devil's Haircut. I met one of Lucifer's buddies, and we kind of hit it off. We'll be hanging out without him pretty soon. It's pretty cool to know that A Friend Of The Devil Is a Friend of Mine. Thank you, thank you. You've all been great. I'll be here all week. Remember to tip your bartender.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Archived