Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pro Tools LE for WIN XP now available!

[quote]Originally posted by StoneKnife: [b]"It's not necessary to use LE to run digidesign hardware." =You can use the separate driver download to run digidesign hardware.[/b][/quote]Ahhh... Ok, I get it. (Dang!)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by posterchild: [b][/quote]Ahhh... Ok, I get it. (Dang!)[/b][/QUOTE] I understood that.I also understand that LE supports WDM which the 001 now has drivers for.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

[/qb][/QUOTE]I have read on these forums that there is a DirectConnect plug-in that will allow you to use VST plugins in PTLE (not sure if Mac only). It's a free application called "Ugly VST" or something like that - I have downloaded it but haven't tried it yet. [/QB][/QUOTE] If that's true,it might open the door for UAD/Powercore as well.

Posterchild, a couple of corrections: First of all, there IS NO win 2K version in the works. 5.3.1 is windows XP and windows XP ONLY. XP Home is "officially" supported, and XP Pro will work, but "official" Digidesign support isn't being offered yet... but they hope to do so RSN. But it's NOT compatable with WIN 2K. Sorry about that... I don't make the rules, I just enforce them. ;) Secondly, PT Free isn't the first version of PT to be offered for "free" by Digidesign. If memory serves, a 3.X version was offered for free after 4.0 was released.

[/QUOTE]I have read on these forums that there is a DirectConnect plug-in that will allow you to use VST plugins in PTLE (not sure if Mac only). It's a free application called "Ugly VST" or something like that - I have downloaded it but haven't tried it yet. If that's true,it might open the door for UAD/Powercore as well.

Archived