Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

festive OT: what is your favorite christmas film

BigKahuna855

just wanted to know what your favorite christmas films(movies, tv specials, etc)are. i like "How The Grinch Stole Christmas"(older cartoon one, not the crappy version with jim carrey) :D

"I'm thinkin' we should let bump answer this one...

Prepare to don Nomex!"

-social critic

"When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style"

-bumpcity

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Scoot:

"A Christmas Story", no doubt about it.

Indeed, the greatest Christmas movie of all time. I got the DVD for Christmas and I am watching it now. Of course, in a couple of hours, TNT will be running it back to back fr 24 hours. This is my favorite day of the year simply because of that.

just thought of another one

A Muppet Christmas Carol

....go kermit

"I'm thinkin' we should let bump answer this one...

Prepare to don Nomex!"

-social critic

"When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style"

-bumpcity

A Charlie Brown Christmas

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

A Christmas Story

Miracle on 34th St.

Scrooge (Alistair Sim)

Of these, I'd have to go with A Charlie Brown Christmas. I could survive Christmas without any of the others (except possibly little Cindy Lou Who, who was no more than two), but I need Charlie to define myself, and I need Linus to sum everything up.

Merry merry, all.

Tim from Jersey :thu:

Play. Just play.

clay-mation 'Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer'

original 'Frosty the Snowman'

John Goodman did OK in 'Frosty Returns,' but it just doesn't hold a candle to the original.

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

Frank Capra's "It's A Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart. See it every year along with "The Wizard of Oz", they never grow old.

A close, VERY close second is the old black-and-white version of "A Christmas Carol" with whom I think is Alastir Sim. If I saw that recently I'd know for sure, but I still get a kick out of a film that doesn't depend on a lot of special effects or stars to tell a good story.

Apologies to those who are offended, we love you all and don't mean to single out belief systems, but I still enjoy Tiny Tim's closing line:

"God bless us, every one!" :wave:

I love every version of "A Christmas Carol", but especially the George C. Scott version (even though it takes a few liberties with Dickens original story).

But my all time favorite has to be "We're No Angels" - the older one with Bogart, Peter Ustinov and Aldo Ray - not the 90's piece of junk by the same name.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

I thump, therefore I am.

...only I didn't say 'fudge'. I said IT. The Word. The Big One. The F-dash-dash-dash word. The queen mother of dirty words.

Over the years I grew to be quite a connoisseur of soap... :D

I also love "The Ref," and another movie set at Christmas, though not really a Christmas movie - "Trading Places."

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Archived