Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mick Jagger to be knighted?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, they (&, by extrapolation, us) [i]need[/i] patted on the head & welcomed into the ranks of the "nobility"? Well, whatever his reasons, at least John Lennon eventually sent back his MBE ! :thu:

Oh, I'm sure they'd have posthumously knighted Lennon...but he didn't "play the game" like McCartney, Elton John, etc. Not only didn't he play the game, he vociferously opposed it. Harrison quietly put up with it...McCartney expounded upon it. His only little bit of musical protest was "Give Ireland Back to the Irish". Speaking of which, I wonder what "Her Majesty" really thought of a rock and roll tribute. I'm sure she'd have much rather had Pavarotti and other upscale snooty stuff. Funny, though, Pavarotti seems to like rock and roll. Weird.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

That is funny for a "rocknroll rebel". One day, Eminem will be president (or Marilyn Manson, or...I don't know, no one seems like a rebel, really.) Speaking of the rebel Lennon, has anyone seen his collection of underwear for babies! You know, I like Yoko, but she really makes some weird choices. Macle

[quote]Originally posted by macle96@yahoo.com: [b]Speaking of the rebel Lennon, has anyone seen his collection of underwear for babies![/b][/quote]No, but I've seen the stuffed animals based on his sketches. Speaking of unusual celebrity endorsements, has anyone ever seen Cheech Marin's hot sauces? (It says on the back of the package that Cheech is "still smokin"! :eek: ) Really tasty stuff -- especially the habenero chipotle sauce.

Anybody with young kids has got to check out "Cheech the School Bus Driver", some of the very finest recordings geared to kids, good music and wholesome banter that treats kids like they have working brains! Serious. Ted

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

boring... i cannot believe they cant find someone more deserving of knighthood than that dork. think of all the people who have actually contributed something to humanity - the scientists, the researchers, the writers and philosophers - it cheapens the whole concept of knighthood IMHO.

jnorman

sunridge studios

salem, oregon

[quote] Speaking of the rebel Lennon, has anyone seen his collection of underwear for babies! You know, I like Yoko, but she really makes some weird choices. [/quote]as I understand it, the designs are ( or are based on) drawings John made for his kids when they were small...

[quote]Originally posted by Steve Smith: [b] [quote] Speaking of the rebel Lennon, has anyone seen his collection of underwear for babies! You know, I like Yoko, but she really makes some weird choices. [/quote]as I understand it, the designs are ( or are based on) drawings John made for his kids when they were small...[/b][/quote]I can't "imagine" John thinking this would be a good idea, but I suppose he could care less now. Just seems weird how, on the one hand, Yoko is sort of promoting him as a "real" artist with art shows and everything, and on the other, selling baby underwear and ties and crap, even if, hopefully, she makes a lot of money for charity. I don't think John was against making tons of money, but I think he cared about what he sold, or what his name was on. But, it's her call. I still think she's cool, and gets a bum rap for the most part. Wonder how the beautiful new Mrs. McCartney will do as keeper of her share of the Beatle flame, and a billion dollars! anyway, it's not really any of my business! :) macle

just for a bit of additional perspective on this (inre: my comment above) - back in the early 1800s, there was a polymath named william henry fox talbot, who excelled as both a mathemetician and botanist, fluent in a number of languages, served in the english parliament, who just so happened to also invent the process of positive/negative photography which is still the current chemical process - clearly a distiction of significant note - who never acheived knighthood. compare the acheivements of jagger to persons such as fox talbot - it is ridiculous that jagger could even be considered for knighthood.

jnorman

sunridge studios

salem, oregon

Archived