Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Biggest JERK on these forums?

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]Uh Humm. I know what this means, school is out in Canada. Quick, everybody act responsible.[/b][/quote]And just what the hell is that supposed to mean? And for those who need to know, the biggest jerk is just after I go to bed. This relaxes me enough to fall asleep ;) -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wee Wuss, by 16 there was nothing in this thread that I wasn't at least somewhat familiar with. What makes you think that kids these days are any different? -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

[b]Topic: Biggest JERK on these forums? [/b] C'mon folks. I know you want to do it. Here, I'l help you get started. [b]K.............H...............A..............[/b] :eek:
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

[quote]Originally posted by NYC Drew: [b]The Matt, It would appear that you are talking about Alpha Jerk. My experiences with him have been pleasant, probably unlike yours, for whatever reasons. There's a whole plethora of personalities on these forums. There's no gaurantee that I will see eye to eye with the "majority", or even harder, with every single memeber. Curve can be very caustic at times, Nika quite long winded and cock-sure, GM often displays a "dry" sense of humor, Fletcher skips the bullshit and dishes out double servings of profanity etc..., Poelo always seems to be on the "other" side of the issue... Coaster, Cereal, Wewus & Khan are in a whole 'nother league by themselves, Alpha has amassed a high "post count" "The Major", Lee1 (Blaske), Lee2 (L) & Lee :) more than often are beacons of sanity and reason... Even with their peculiarities, I look forward to reading posts from all of those cats mentioned above - information and knowledge aside, it provides what may be a different perspective on my rose colored world. My take on it is, if you feel like [b]I'm[/b] being a dickhead more than not, my profile provides links on how to communicate with me privately. Maybe I'm having a rough day/week/life. Drop me a line 1st - off forum, maybe we can work something out. Use the energy to get to know people. Well, that works for me anyways, nycdrew@thgworks.com[/b][/quote]False - not Alpha. I'll put my 'nads on the table - Faeflora, for me anyway, followed by NYC Dr......oops. ;)
No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

Let's not bash on Faeflora just because he's been a little cranky lately. I like him and enjoy reading his posts, even if I don't always agree with them. A social group's definition of "a jerk" is often of someone who stands out from the crowd, who is not afraid to offend with honesty, and is willing to step on toes in order to get things done. Consider it a compliment if you made Drew's list (although IMO a few didn't deserve to). My motto is: "You're nobody until somebody hates you."

Eric Vincent (ASCAP)

www.curvedominant.com

Well... There's this long winded, overly opinionated, SOB, know-it-all who posts under the handle, [i]fantasticsound[/i] that really makes my skin crawl... (self-loathing. ;) ) (Damn! Internal conversation esacaped! :eek: :rolleyes: :freak: )

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

quote:
Originally posted by fantasticsound: Well... There's this long winded, overly opinionated, SOB, know-it-all who posts under the handle, [i]fantasticsound[/i] that really makes my skin crawl... (self-loathing. ;) ) (Damn! Internal conversation esacaped! :eek: :rolleyes: :wave: :freak:

[quote]Originally posted by Curve Dominant: [b]Let's not bash on Faeflora just because he's been a little cranky lately. I like him and enjoy reading his posts, even if I don't always agree with them. A social group's definition of "a jerk" is often of someone who stands out from the crowd, who is not afraid to offend with honesty, and is willing to step on toes in order to get things done. Consider it a compliment if you made Drew's list (although IMO a few didn't deserve to). My motto is: "You're nobody until somebody hates you."[/b][/quote]There was no sincerity in my post. I highly doubt that Fae would be upset anyway, but just to clarify... Truthfully, I've never had an experience with a currently registered member that I would describe as 'bad' - many people seem to be more abrupt than others, but that's what makes it interesting. Sometimes it's just great to read the posts by people with their jerk hats on and laugh. These forums are great. BTW, is there a plural word for forum, or is forums fine? Peace. Matt
No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

[quote]Originally posted by Curve Dominant: [b]Let's not bash on Faeflora just because he's been a little cranky lately. I like him and enjoy reading his posts, even if I don't always agree with them. A social group's definition of "a jerk" is often of someone who stands out from the crowd, who is not afraid to offend with honesty, and is willing to step on toes in order to get things done. Consider it a compliment if you made Drew's list (although IMO a few didn't deserve to). My motto is: "You're nobody until somebody hates you."[/b][/quote]I don't know where that definition came from but its still humorous, to me. I feel like if you actually hate somebody through these boards, you need to go see a therapist! :)
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

[quote]Originally posted by Curve Dominant: [b]I like the Farrah Fawcett hairdo.[/b][/quote]Why thank you....didn't know you cared! Now I know why its called "the city of brotherly love"! :) :)
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

I mix about as well as skip. I'm 6' and 195. Not just some run-of-the-mill post jockey who plays with his computer. Oh no - I make my living with this thing. It's not me. I never post too long, never grind your privates with bad jokes, always have ideas that are startlingly original, and judiciously use images. I speak softly and carry a big stick. And I know when to shut up - When I'm told to shut up, I shut up. And I never make cartoon references, or children's book references, or talk about my family. No, not me. Consummate professional - that's me... But the real reason I know it's not me is that I'm a moderator. I've been invested by the MusicPlayer higher-ups to regulate a forum, so I can't be a jerk. Just can't happen !!! And no, you can't ask my wife and kids (they'll say worse stuff than you guys !!!) Tom :freak:

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

[quote]Originally posted by The Matt: [b] These forums are great. BTW, is there a plural word for forum, or is forums fine? Peace. Matt[/b][/quote]The plural of forum is fora (neuter nominative plural). I wish I knew how to skateboard rather than shit like that, but I'm a jerk. :D -Bobro

[quote]Originally posted by iBotch: [b] [quote]Originally posted by S_Gould: [b]Well, I'm 6' 4" 220lbs so I ought to at least be in the running...[/b][/quote]6' 5", 230 lbs. Step aside. :D :D :D [/b][/quote]Sorry boys, there's a new sheriff in town. 6'3", but over 300#. (there's a reason why it's bubbajazz.) Way too much time in the chair. Gotta do something about that.

[quote]Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe: [b]Not a chance pal! You blew it with that "free gear" giveaway. ;) [/b][/quote]Phil, LOL!!! You got me, there! :D Just don't spread it around, okay? ;)

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Archived