Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Willy Nelson celebration stuff...

About the USA network presentation of Willy Nelson's celebration: Keith Richards kicked ass. No holds barred. They should have turned it up. The song picked has been highly underrated and ignored, but it's an excellent song. Yeah, say it with dead flowers. And some people think that irony is dead... Highly underrated. And his performance in this "commercial" effort was great. They should have turned his part in the mix up to 12. He was playing a hollowbody Gibson. Not his usual axe, as far as I know. But from what I could hear, it was GREAT guitar playing. An inspiration. American music owes a lot to the blues. We got this brit over here for an "American" celebration, named "Keith Richards." And he's playin' it all in our faces. Keith Richards kicks ass. That's all I have to say.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks one hell of a lot Ranger, Some of us live out here where the freaking program hasn't shown yet. How'd you like the ending of that great book you're reading? :freak:

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

That's Willie's old Martin nylon string. That's the only guitar I've ever seen him play. The extra hole was worn into the wood over the years. He sure has a distinctive style with that guitar.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Willie is hilarious as Johnny Dean in the movie "Wag the Dog"! ([i]Commissioned to write a propaganda song about war with Albania[/i]: Johnny Dean: Albania's hard to rhyme.) His autobiography is a treat also. /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Neil, The show was ok :rolleyes: but no great shucks. KR was ok but looked and acted just like always. Was the playing great? NO! OK, but no more. Hell Rob Thomas was a better part of the show & on an other vein, just to make sure that the whole KR segment didn't suck too bad with being out of tune or tempo (between he and Willie) they made sure Bryan Adams & Hank III were there playing too. The best playing was by Vince Gill. He did the only solo I saw. The show was so awe inspiring I fell asleep :bor: for a part of it so there may have been other solos but I don't think so. Cripes, after the freaking halleluja Ranger Doug gave the segment I figured it was something to remember instead of something to forget. WRONG! No apology on my part for my view either...

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Archived