Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Strange Bedfellows

Khan, er, Wewus Khan inspired this with a comment on the "Lee" thread. Everyone was talking in terms of who they'd like to be in Lee's "Stones tribute"; "I'll be the Ron Wood of the band"...etc...and Wewus Khan said (with usual humor) "I'll be the Alex Lifeso...oh, nevermind". So, thinking in that vein, can you picture Alex Lifeson jamming with the Stones? Or a Michael Schenker/Paul Simon collaboration? A reformed version of Boston with Eddie Vedder as the lead singer? Who are some other unlikely pairings?
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If only for the joke factor, Elvis Costello and ABBA - to be billed as Abba & Costello, of course :) -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

I've read Neil Young and 'super-freak' Rick James made an album for Motown in the 60's, but some draft problems with Rick put the brakes on it and Motwon pulled out. -introspective funk-country-folk rock?
In two days, it won't matter.

[quote]Originally posted by Dwarf: [b]If only for the joke factor, Elvis Costello and ABBA - to be billed as Abba & Costello, of course :) -- Rob[/b][/quote]Yeah, you could do the same thing with a "Dennis DeYoung/Jagger/Richards" collaboration and call it "Styx and Stones". I don't know if I could handle that one.

Didn't Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult do a tour together called Black And Blue? -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

Oh, I know, how about David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar touring together? Oh....um, okay, how about Hendrix and the Monkees on the same bill? Uhhhh.... -- Brian Eno producing Tool.

David Gilmour,Richard Wright, Geddy Lee, Neil Peart : [b]FLUSH[/b] Hit Single : [b]Learning to Fly by Night[/b] Album : [b]Test for Echoes[/b]
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

[quote]Originally posted by wewus47: [b]wow- you must not be a tool fan, 'cause that would be [i]really[/i] good.[/b][/quote]No, no, I'm a huge Eno and Tool fan!! I think it would be awesome. Just a very unlikely pairing ("strange bedfellows"). There was actually a rumor circulating a few years back that Eno was tapped to produce Hole. Obviously, that never happened. Wouldn't that have been interesting, though? Not as interesting as Tool, but nevertheless... I'd also like to hear Eno do dub, but that's not so much of a strange bedfellow...

[quote]Originally posted by BKeelan: [b]The Dixie Chicks with Dick Wagner & Dickie Betts [b]Chicks with Dicks[/b][/b][/quote]Spewed my beverage all over my computer. Dammit. :D :D :D :D

[quote]Originally posted by BKeelan: [b]The Dixie Chicks with Dick Wagner & Dickie Betts [b]Chicks with Dicks[/b][/b][/quote]We're not worthy!!! :D
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

Madonna, k.d. lang, Robert Plant and Sammy Hagar - The Blond Ambition Tour RobT

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

Archived