Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Executive Producer Credit?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you'll find that in most production environments...music, film, print...when you see the word "executive" in front of "producer", it's probably the person that controls the purse strings. The executive producer often isn't involved in the hands-on creative production process...which is left up to the "producer". But...you sure can have a LOT of "creative influence" when you control the purse strings! :D

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

[quote]Originally posted by Question: [b]What does this credit mean? [/b][/quote]It means I gave you a bunch of money to buy gear and book studio time. It also means that I am a businessperson or a wealthy friend who wants credit but probably knows nothing about the process of recording or production. [quote][b]Does it get compensated for by sales like the producer credit?[/b][/quote]Generally, yes. Like any investment, people expect a return. How this return is set up is based on the specific deal that was set up previously...could be points, could be cash, could be a whole lotta nothin'. - Jeff

Just remembered...there is really funny Mel Brooks movie called "The Producers" w/Gene Wilder and Zero Mostel. ...and...it's also currently playing as a NY Broadway show w/Matthew Broderick. Check either out...you'll get a real behind-the-scenes view of what it means to be an "Executive Producer"... :D

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Archived