Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone heard the new .........??????

Hey has anyone heard the new Remy Shand CD. I guess he played all the instruments including bass,guitar,drums,keys etc... and he recorded all the songs,mixed and engineered it all himself. It may not be the best sounding album you've heard but how inspiring is it that he took all this on himself. Wow!!! What do you think????

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just think of all the musicians and recording professionals that didn't get to work on this project. If this dangerous trend of over-achieving all-in-one artists/recording professionals continues, the number of jobs lost in the music industry will be truly staggering. ....just joking - more power to him. Nice change from the pre-fab pop scene. I'm seeing a real trend towards singer/songwriters, players, etc. right now. Let's hope it keeps up!

well, i actually do react exactly like the first part of felix's response. the creation of music, or any other serious endeavor, should be collaborative. i remember wanting to do everything myself when i was younger, but as i matured, it became more and more evident how wonderful it can be to involve other professionals in my work - not only does every aspect of the music get better (a real drummer and bass player and singer, etc, can do things i cant do, and contribute other perspectives and ideas that would never cross my mind), but there is great satisfaction in being able to provide a venue for other creative persons to express themselves and watching the process unfold and watching as solid, long-lasting relationships are built.

jnorman

sunridge studios

salem, oregon

Remy Shand is killer man! I find it amazing that he has the talent to play all those instruments well, and then do all the recording behind it. A very nice change to the pop scene. I just hope he's not autotuning it to sound good...or using that new "Ta!ent" plug-in(joke plug-in from april fools), cuz that just takes away from it all...back to the prefab pop thing...just with better musical taste. I intend to buy the CD :thu:

"If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table."

-Mitch Hedberg

I have a CD from a Local Band where the lead singer/guitarist is also credited with producing, recording, mixing and mastering. (and it wasn't done at home) The songs and performances on the CD are amazing. Just top notch quality. The quality of the recording is absolute shit. It's just a shame to hear such great songs presented in such a shitty way. The "do it all" approach didn't work in this case. Why anyone would mess around with mastering their own work if they are not a mastering engineer is beyond me.

Archived