Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

your most embarrassing music moments

Okay, we were in S. Korea playing for the troops around X-mass one year. Our considerate drummer had placed his CD wallet on the stage directly behind me after the break. So I'm rockin' away and when I stepped backwards I landed on the player and wallet. Having lived with cats most of my life, I'm self trained to sort of jump away immediately if I step down on something so I don't put my full weight on it. Anyway, they had performed an X-mass play on this stage around this time. Needless to say, I took out the whole freestanding Bethleham or whatever it was. Never stoppped playing, even on my back altho the drums skipped a beat or two cos he was laughing so hard.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey all-sorry about the delay-some weirdness going on around here. A friend and former bandmate of mine was good buds with Teddy of the Whippets. I don`t remember him that well but I think I met him a few times. Magpel-I was at New Paltz basically from `84-`88, when I took off for Taiwan. but I went there for a few semesters considerably before that, around `75-`77 what a mistake that was-I hadn`t even thought about college yet. Your name is John Burdick-wow, could you be related to our old buddy Dave Burdick? haven`t seen him in ages, I hear he`s teaching music in texas or thereabouts. My mon is in the education department, last name Taylor.

By gum, Skip, I am indeed familiar with Dave Burdick. He's my older brother. He got his PhD in composition at UT in Austin and for the last 11 years or so has been a professor of music at Millikin University in Decatur, Ill. He's also built a dandy little studio out there. Yep, Teddy from the Whippets was a burner. All I know of him is that he has spent a lot of time playing music in Thailand. Apparently, he did some recording in a Bangkok studio with Jaco, alte in his life. Although this could be just a crazy story. But when you think about what Jaco's life was like toward the end, it's hardly impossible. As for another connection, my Dad was a long-time prof in Secondary Ed at New Paltz, so I'm sure there's more connections there. Neato. John
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Hey John That is 2 cool. Teddy`s deal in Thailand was one of the last things I heard about him. I don`t know if you are familiar with David Schneiderman-he knows Dave a lot better than I. Just wired him about running into you. Well, we`ll have to hook up this summer. What a kick. Tedster- About your tag line- Well, if dogs were meant to pee on trees, why is it such a hassle to turn them into paper towels? (the trees, I mean)

Archived