Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Movie: The Notebook; who has seen this?

I saw this movie while on a flight a few months back. I told the wife about how great it was, and got the usual eye roll from her.

I saw it on sale yesterday and purchased it. We watched the 1st 100 min last night, the rest this morning. She was reduced to tears at the end (I think something flew in my eye around that time too...), and now she is thanking me over and over for a cool Sat night "date".

I would highly recommend this movie to anyone who likes a romantic movie.

'Drew

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't familiar with it but I looked it up on All Movie Guide. Directed by Nick Cassavetes. His ol' man was one of my favorite directors. James Garner and Gena Rowlands in the 'frame story' sounds pretty good, too.

I'll put it on my must-see list. (Sometimes it takes me a while to get to the stuff on that list. I just caught up with Apocalypse Now last year. :D )

PS... I actually looked into this thread to see if it was a movie about a laptop computer... Once a geek...

Originally posted by theblue1:

PS... I actually looked into this thread to see if it was a movie about a laptop computer... Once a geek...

That movie is scheduled to be released in Spring /2006. It's about a tour manager who puts a deadly curse on a clumsy background singer who accidentally knocks his laptop over on her way to a free meal.

Each month she is afflicted with deadlier & deadlier conditions, while said tour manager posts mindless dribble on the web.

'Drew

Originally posted by NYC Drew:

Originally posted by theblue1:

That movie is scheduled to be released in Spring /2006. It's about a tour manager who puts a deadly curse on a clumsy background singer who accidentally knocks his laptop over on her way to a free meal.

Each month she is afflicted with deadlier & deadlier conditions, while said tour manager posts mindless dribble on the web.

'Drew

Yeah... I'll put that on my short list, too, Drew. :freak:

:D

The Notebook. My perspective on this movie is that despite the fact that I thought the young characters came across pretty unconvincing in the beginning, well the movie is pretty tough not to be touched by when the end rolls around.

It is embued with ultra tear jerking romanticism at its most extreme - all stops are pulled out.

Yet despite realizing all this - and trying to visualize the actors with hot dogs shooting out of their shnozzes and giant inflatable hammers bonking them on the noggins accompanied by exaggerated taxi horn etc. noises, it still sucked me in.

I've gotta find something funnier to visualize for comabatting tear jerk move endings. :rolleyes: Any suggestions here are welcome. :D

Anyone wishing to snatch a newly renewed sense of loyalty and devotion from their mate (however brief) is advised to watch this movie with them.

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

I'm married now ... but my ex girlfriend called me and said to go see this movie, that it was made about us !!!

I went to a matene by myself ... :rolleyes:

Why "Soul Mates" aren't together !@#$%^&

Russ

It was recommended to me. I saw it. I didn't like it. Sorry. It didn't suck, though. It just didn't do anything for me, and I can get dust in my eye from any movie (even Earnest Goes to Camp). I dunno. It bored me to death. However, it's can't even be mentioned in the same sentence as The English Patient (another highly recommended movie). It's way better than that garbage, but not as good as Cold Mountain.

Peace

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

Archived