Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Why I like the 4th of July...

I always get to mix a Symphony or Philharmonic Orchestra!!!!

This year I'll be in Plymouth, MA (supposedly aka "the birthplace of America") mixing the Plymouth Philharmonic Orchestra (supposedly leftovers from the pops who didn't make the cut for the Esplanade, but I'm sure are not shappy by any means).

The Plymouth Pliharmonic Orchestra, Steven Karidoyanes, conductor, will present a free-of-charge outdoor Pops concert in America's Hometown to celebrate Independence Day. The fully professional orchestra will feature a program of patriotic music, Broadway tunes, Sousa marches and the popular 1812 Overture accompanied by cannons fired by the National Guard. World War II veteran and former selectman, Alba Thompson (first woman to be elected selectman in Plymouth) will narrate portions of the Declaration of Independence set to musical accompaniment. The end of the orchestra's performance will be coordinated with the beginning of the fireworks display over Plymouth Harbor.

www.plymouthphilharmonic.com

Hope to see some of you there!!!!!

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Analog approach to digital recording.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very Cool! Plymouth, gateway to Cape Cod! I once played in a band based out of Plymouth during my days in Boston, during which time I was able to catch the Boston Pops on the Esplanade a time or two. Ahhh, Beantown, the Cape, the Combat Zone, Fenway......(as I wipe a tear from the corner of my eye).
"You're either WITH me, or you're AGIN' Me!" (Yosemite Sam)

What a picture perfect day, great temps, nice ocean breeze, tons of hot girls, and the symphony was fantastic. I haven't had this much fun mixing in alot of years. The conductor was in heaven, loved my work, and the recording I did sounds kick butt!!!!!!

Brian and his crew, Josh and Henry from Showmix did an awesome job, setting some 40+ mic lines, tuning the Vertec system and the many delay zones, making my job that much easier. Thanks to all of them for their hard work.

What a great day to celebrate americas birthday!!!!!

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Analog approach to digital recording.

Archived