Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT Coyotes...

I have a cat, she's been ill and I take her out front when I get the paper early A. M.

She isn't allowed to run around, unless it's in the back yard where she's captive by tall fences.

She sniffs the air, growels at other animals, clacks at birds... stuff like that.

This morning the trash recycle bin was pulled over, and all of the cat food cans, various take out boxes etc were scattered about on the lawn.

On the property line, there was almost steamy deposit of Coyote poop. Complete with edible berries, dates from palm trees and stuff

Now I live above near the terminus of Topanga Canyon creek, above a very busy road called Pacific Coast Highway and the Pacific Ocean, between Malibu city line and L. A. City line.

This is a rural type of area, even though we live in a large tract...chaparrel, scrub and very steep mountains surround the place for miles.

The folks next door, have had three cats, and they let them run loose, like were in the city.

Their latest one, which frequents my back yard, I have not seen for some time...

The last two...dissapeared..

I suppose, having been stupid some years ago by leaving one of our cats to roam around, when we lived a bit further up the coast, I learned my lesson...

I saw the Coyote one morning, about the size of a medium German Shepherd.

Coyotes eat cats...

Mine will die from a vet's needle or in her sleep.

FWIW...having pets is a responsibility...

R

Label on the reverb, inside 1973 Ampeg G-212: "Folded Line Reverberation Unit" Manufactured by beautiful girls in Milton WIS. under controlled atmosphere conditions.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Label discovered during capacitor inspection on my 1973 Ampeg G-212: "Folded Line Reverberation Unit" Manufactured by beautiful girls in Milton WIS. under controlled atmosphere conditions."

Not to derail, but I just caught your sig. I went to school in Whitewater, WI and needed a reverb dish for a project. Milton is pretty close to Whitewater so I took a drive over to O.C. Electronics to see if I could buy one cheap. They were some of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. They gave me a tour of the very small plant and at the end, just handed me a reverb dish.

I wouldn't necessarily classify the girls as beautiful but they sure were nice.

Now that I live up in the Big Bear area, I have had the distinct privilege of hearing and meeting a number of coyotes. Our two dogs, which are about coyote size, are indoor pets, at night. More so in the colder climate, they tend to traverse down to the populated areas and scavenge for food. They also leave their signature poop in our yard.

We dont try to leave things out that might entice them. And, respecting the wildlife is paramount.

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."

Paul,

I have gone a long time with no signature, but last Monday night, I pulled the chassis and took off the top to see if I could ID a year on components, that series was very poorly tracked by Ampeg's parent company and some suggest dateing the caps, etc.

I just bought it and yes Bill Yates reluctantly agreed to make it new for me (he's a tech out here and hates old Ampeg solid state cause they used wierd hard to source caps etc)

When I saw that, I was amazed.

If a manufacturer used a lable like that now, they'd more then likely be sued for discrimination I suppose, by any gal who had a low self esteem moment...but then at heart we are all extremely beautiful, hence nice...

Thanks for the comment.

R

Label on the reverb, inside 1973 Ampeg G-212: "Folded Line Reverberation Unit" Manufactured by beautiful girls in Milton WIS. under controlled atmosphere conditions.

An ironic turn of the tables...Usually household cats are the high-volume killers.

I recall seeing a documentary on Australian Aboriginal women who were out hunting for food. Feral cats had eaten all of the local wildlife, so these women, armed with 8-foot sticks, would chase THE CATS from bush-to-bush and hunt them down for food!

"If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Yeah I had a cat taken by a coyote in the Malibu area.

At the time I was dumb enough to not be concerned about that happening, and I wasn't protecting the wildlife from the cat either - simply putting a bell on its collar could've helped with that.

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

I can guarantee there's mroe than one coyote, they are pack hunters.

We got infiltrated with them about 2 years ago. the up side is there are absolutely no mice, moles, skunks, gophers/woodschucks, racoons or any other annoying rodents around.

The downside is there are also no squirrels, rabbits, outdoor cats and worst of all, they attacked a small child last summer.

I always acompany Busta out at night, and we've seen them, but they made no move or showed interest in us. At 120lbs, he's a formitable opponent, and while 3-4 of them could probably overcome him, there's plenty of easier kill. Add the 9mm at my side (just in case) and I think we'd end up on the winning side.

However they are a serious problem, and caution and precautions certainly need to be taken, as they will remain as long as there is a food supply.

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Analog approach to digital recording.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:ZD6VG6jhGm8J:http://www.acme.com/software/thumbnail_index/sample/cartoons/coyote.gif

I've heard 'em nearby as well. We get a few out our way.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Archived