Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

to rent or to buy....

suppose you just sold a place in so cal in west LA. would you go out and try to buy right away or rent for 6 months in anticipation of a real estate bubble. the risk is you don't buy and the madness continues. you could be left standing at the station.

polish your crystal balls and tell me what you see.....

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just remeber. Real astatte rarely drops in value. Especially high population areas like LA etc.

IMDB Credit list

President George Washington: "The government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian Religion."

President Abraham Lincoln: "The Bible is not my book, nor Christianity my religion."

LA is a bit on the slowdown right now, not really a slowdown but an easing of asking prices along with the value escalation though actual selling prices are still going up. You won't see 20% over the next year or so, more than likely in the single digits, more normal than the last couple of years.

If you want to invest and still have a higher escalation in value you'll want to look in the Inland Empire.

If it's not income property, but your residence, you have a couple of years to decide to re-invest in property of at least the same value, including the escalation in value over that time, or take the tax bite.

If it's investment property the rules are different but you still have limits.

Read This . John Husing is an economist who seems to have his finger on the pulse of the Inland Empire.

We have still have some great pricing on single family homes as well as condos in our area. There is still some decent pricing on bare land but it is heavily in demand so anything close in is pretty high.

My personal take on the situation is, you can't go wrong if you do the homework and choose the right area.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

If you want to invest and still have a higher escalation in value you'll want to look in the Inland Empire.

One can hope, one can hope. ;)

Come to the dark side Coaster... ;):P

PS - it's only traffic and time between you and the beach when you live out here. ;)

Hey Dak, mind if I call you to get an idea of what comps are like now in my neck of the woods? ;)

Originally posted by d gauss:

<

it's a chinese restaurant. they have a good kung po chicken.

-d. gauss

I WISH there was a good Chineese place out here in Riverside (the "real" capitol of the IE, no matter what people from San Bernadoodoo might tell you ;) ), but there isn't one that I'm aware of within 15 minutes drive of my place. :(

My neighborhood has a very large Asian population, I can walk down the street and get KILLER, authentic Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Malaysian and all sorts of fusions of the above... lots of Latin restaurants too... YUMMY.

Oh... and I wouldn't count on housing prices coming down in L.A. anytime soon, Cereal... people are still crazy enough to keep moving there and demanding places to live. :confused::D

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Hey Dak, mind if I call you to get an idea of what comps are like now in my neck of the woods? ;)

Happy to provide comps for you Phil. PM me your address again and the lot size. Many times the lot size listed in the tax and title records is not right. Same holds true with the house as to actual number of bedrooms and baths as well as square footage. Sometimes all that is skewed too, mostly due to faulty original input from the developer/builder, and continued as time went on.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Archived