Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

11 Days, 6000 Miles..I've finally made it here!

Craziness...I left Alaska..I'm now in New Jersey for the summer...6000 miles in my bus, pulling my Blazer..We've posted a journal with some pics etc if anyone wants to see what the scenery looks like. It's hosted on my old site. Here's the URL:

http://www.seanmmormelo.com/2005.htm

Anyway, I highly recommend you all at least go to Alaska once in your lives and the drive will certainly be something you will never forget. :)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me see if I get this straight:

you went from ALASKA

you came to JERSEY

If the culture shock doesn't kill you, the crack pipe will.

Please tell me, it's "only for the summer"? PLEASE?

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Not suggestin' that Jersey is crack heaven, just sayin' that a switch from God's Country to Gotti's Country is totally extreme, nomesayin'?

If it's family, then it's probably all good, as they say in some circles I am excluded from.

After 'livable'...then where?

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Wow, and you drove through Soviet Canada.... I always heard that they threw their snowshoes and sleddogs at Yanks....

me goes to hide

Seriously, great pics, and that's a helluva trek. I drove 6000 miles once, but it was in 3 trips across 5 years.

Thanks for bringing so much to share with us :thu:

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Originally posted by offramp:

from God's Country to Gotti's Country

Actually,Howard Beach Queens is technically Gotti's country,but I won't tell anyone there that you claimed New Jersey was.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Sean,

Some very nice pics, thanks for sharing. This shot is postcard perfect; you should submit it to a publishing agency.

http://www.seanmmormelo.com/wIMG_2685.jpg

Remarkable!!! :thu:

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Ah, the old Mat-Su valley. Matanuska Maid dairy products and all. I miss the place. I'll get back there someday. (shrug)...

Oh, and see you passed through not far from here. I'm only about 50-60 miles from St. Joseph.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Wow, Sean! I'm embarrassed I never checked out your website before. Love the music. And despite your self - described sound as Mellencamp meets (a male) Sheryl Crow, I'd say you sound more like Dan Fogleberg. I like it a lot.

I assume, from reading your entries on the website, that the bus issues led to your staying in New Jersey for the summer. Will you be in Nashville at all? I'd be interested in working with you when you hit town.

Oh.. and as the pet of 6 cats, I entirely understand your ongoing situation with Houdini cats. We have one who really likes to go outside. They have a way of silently sneaking out that is simply astounding.

Anyway, good luck with the bus and your musical journey. Sounds like it's already been quite the quest. ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Thanks Neil! I'll be basing out of Nashville but really want to work my way into touring full time. The offtime will be spent in Nashville. By the way, I'd love to work with you when I get there. Hopefully I'll make a few trips there between now and the holidays to check things out etc. GREAT town!

Oh, and that's funny about YOU being the pet of the 6 cats!!! LOL I know exactly how you feel... :) Take care mam.

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Wow, Sean! I'm embarrassed I never checked out your website before. Love the music. And despite your self - described sound as Mellencamp meets (a male) Sheryl Crow, I'd say you sound more like Dan Fogleberg. I like it a lot.

I assume, from reading your entries on the website, that the bus issues led to your staying in New Jersey for the summer. Will you be in Nashville at all? I'd be interested in working with you when you hit town.

Oh.. and as the pet of 6 cats, I entirely understand your ongoing situation with Houdini cats. We have one who really likes to go outside. They have a way of silently sneaking out that is simply astounding.

Anyway, good luck with the bus and your musical journey. Sounds like it's already been quite the quest. ;)

Ah New Jersey. That's the place were "we" Pennsylvanians use to say "Ah, New Jersey, the land of crack houses, shopping centers, bad restaurants, and high prices." :D Oh and we'd add, "New Jersey is where you are sentenced to live if you're a non violent criminal." ;) Let's see, one more "Washington retreated across the Delaware River after the battle of Trenton because he figured out where he was the next morning". :eek:

A few friends of mine owned a large house about 15 miles northeast of the Delaware Water GAP (PA) and it was a very NICE area. They were close to a lake, rolling hills, lots of green areas, but pretty expensive. It beat hell out of East Orange.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Originally posted by Sylver:

Great pics, thanks for sharing.

How much did the bus run you?

Thanks! The bus cost me $5000 but I had to put about another $5000 into it to get it into shape as it was sitting a while..Buses are awesome but they are not like any other truck..A typical truck mechanic knows nothing about them and will only screw up the bus..Belive me i know!! Also, everything is very expensive...Tires are 3-500 bucks a piece, etc etc..But in my view, it's worth it..Once you get the bus into good shape and with your regular upkeep it will last so much longer and perform so much better then any motorhome etc..These things were desiged to go a million miles or more!! I love it and am working on it the rest of the year to get it livable.

Originally posted by phaeton:

Wow, and you drove through Soviet Canada.... I always heard that they threw their snowshoes and sleddogs at Yanks....

me goes to hide

hey...that hurts.... ;)
There is no substitute.

Dude, I just listen to your stuff.

Freaking great. You can sing in a big way. Plus the tunes have great changes and keep you interested.

Good stuff!!!

Ever hear of the Riverdogs?

There is no substitute.

Yep, Canadians are GREAT people. Too bad they have to live next to US. :D I remember going to Thousand Islands one summer. You could always tell who the Canadians were. They were the ones that were polite and had manners. :)

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Sean - great trip blog! I love reading these things. You were about a half-mile from us when you parked in the Sam's/WalMart lot (I know - they're not very creative around here when it comes to planning). You made it through in the nick of time, with all the rain we've had lately the mosquitoes are pretty bad this week. Anwyay, thanks for sharing! :thu:

"Modern music is people who can't think signing artists who can't write songs to make records for people who can't hear."

-Frank Zappa

Archived