Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cancer cure?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050621/hl_nm/health_cancer_virus_dc

A common virus that is harmless to people can destroy cancerous cells in the body and might be developed into a new cancer therapy, U.S. researchers said on Tuesday.

The virus, called adeno-associated virus type 2, or AAV-2, infects an estimated 80 percent of the population.

"Our results suggest that adeno-associated virus type 2, which infects the majority of the population but has no known ill effects, kills multiple types of cancer cells yet has no effect on healthy cells," said Craig Meyers, a professor of microbiology and immunology at the Penn State College of Medicine in Pennsylvania...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But here's the sentance that makes me go...HUH???

The virus, called adeno-associated virus type 2, or AAV-2, infects an estimated 80 percent of the population.
So....if this virus already infects 80% of the population...does that mean that all of those people are already cancer-free of whatever particular cancer this virus attacks...(if they had any sign those cancers???

Or do you first have to wait until you have a well developed case of the partiucular cancers...then they use the virus...???

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

That's interesting. Wow, if they cure cancer, and I hope they do, lifespans will dramatically escalate. Invest in long-term care for elderly people. I sure hope they can lick it, dying from cancer is absolutely horrible, just a dreadful thing.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

WeWus, Believe it when I say I've checked into that. Here's the issue. The amount of the products a person would have to take to do any good is, essentially, impossible for a human to take in.

Certainly they are a good product and won't harm anything but to believe they will cure cancer is foolish. That's not to say that a very few folks have not been helped considerably by either green tea or garlic regimens. The norm is very little or no effect for the majority of the folks.

Good Lord willing you never get one of the cancers but if you do you'll find out in one hell of hurry what really works and what doesn't really work.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Originally posted by miroslav:

So....if this virus already infects 80% of the population...does that mean that all of those people are already cancer-free of whatever particular cancer this virus attacks...(if they had any sign those cancers???

My take on it was that the 80% of the population that already is infected will not get those types of cancers. And "coincidentally," I think it's 1 in 5 people that develop some type of cancer over their lifetimes, IIRC.

So that means that in theory, infecting the remaining 20% of the population would prevent them from getting those types of cancers. How true that is and how many other types of cancers people might still get if they have this virus, remains to be seen. But this is a way cool development.

Dak, I didn't say anything about CURING an already existing case of cancer, there is however plenty of evidence that garlic and green tea can help prevent cancer, HERE\'S , a good link.

There have been thousands of studies done that show this is true. If you want me to track down each study, and show you the results, I will. There IS solid evidence of this, just do a web search for cancer studies on green tea or something similar.

I like french fried potaters.

Too bad they're loaded with acrylamide and give you a whopping batch o' cancer.

Better wash 'em down with one of those new virus cocktails I guess, or maybe even atually stop eating junk that'll give ya that pesky cancer.....

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Archived