Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Well, I got a new gig! [SPAM-lite]

Hey everyone,

Remember a few weeks ago I was asking about classical mixing pointers?

Well, thanks for the tips. I'm happy to let everyone know that I just landed a new gig: sound mixer at the Pageant of the Masters .

I'll be mixing a 30 piece orchestra, plus vocals and narration. Just finished up the first orchestral rehersals and have close to 400 pages of score to pour through to make all my notes. :eek:

We start dress rehersals this weekend and then the show runs from July 7th through September 1st.

Every night. :rolleyes:

Seven days a week. :confused:

For nearly ten weeks. :freak:

What have I gotten myself into? Plus I still have the day job pimpin gear...

Seriously, what the f*ck with the candles? Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

-steve albini

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Valkyrie Sound:

Cool! Let me know if you need a sub one night! :D

Valky

I'll keep that in mind Valky!

PS. if you'd like to come down and see the show let me know.

Seriously, what the f*ck with the candles? Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

-steve albini

I'm hoping to be able to manage the workload. Luckily the show is only about two hours. I have a 7PM call and we're down around 10:30.

It's the drive back up to LA that's gonna be tough. But at least it keeps me out of the rush hour traffic at night.

IF anyone is interested, I have ONE PAIR of tickets to dress rehersals next week either the 29th or 30th...

(the season is just about COMPLETELY sold out already)

-steve albini

Archived