Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"Rabbit In The Moon" band, anyone know of them?

I have a good buddy who provides backline and various and sundry things for various productions here the Detroit-area.

Well, this weekend is the annual Detroit Electronic Music Fest (current name Fuse-in), which is an outside event (4 stages IIRC.)

During the evenings there are several local venues offering up dance, trance, etc. performers catering to this crowd.

One such performer, Rabbit In The Moon, needed an Ensoniq ASR-10, and since I have one am renting it to them for this gig (I do this on a regular basis for specific gear that I have).

So, here is my question: Anybody know of Rabbit in the Moon?

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did listen to some music samples on Amazon so now I have a better idea of what they sound like..

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Gig must have went well since I didn't get any panic phone calls (which is always a good thing.. :) )

Bunny, you rule! :thu:

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

"When art critics get together they talk about Form and Structure and Meaning. When artists get together they talk about where you can buy cheap turpentine."

-Pablo Picasso

I love it!

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

Originally posted by Tedly Nightshade:

"When art critics get together they talk about Form and Structure and Meaning. When artists get together they talk about where you can buy cheap turpentine."

-Pablo Picasso

I love it!

I guess that is why we spend more time talking about GAS than scales. ;)

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Its been a long time since i heard that name! Are they still performing? I got something of theirs on vinyl a good 6 or so years ago im sure, back when i was just going from bedroom tinkerer to playing live gigs with S2000's and MMT8's and there was something i loved about their sound.

I cant be sure, having not heard them for a long while, but for me they were pretty innovative sounding when i heard them, i guess these days that "sound" might be called Progressive House? For me it was a neat mix of tribal stuff, a dash of psytrance... Again, im feeding on old perceptions here so i dont know what they play/write now.

I think i did see some pics of them performing in pretty dramatised set-pieces too.

Veterans of the Florida breakbeat scene. They've carved something of a niche for themselves, never really blowing up big, but maintaining a steady audience. I really like some of their stuff, though sometimes the composition is a bit too uneven for me.

Coincidentally, I just watched a couple of their Ultra Music Festival 2005 performances (via Havoc TV available on my On Demand Cable) last night, and the performance was pretty cool. Not just a DJ with a pair of turntables, but people playing instruments, along with very cool visuals. :thu:

Also, like Joe Cole, I thought their take on Depeche Mode's "Waiting for the Night" on the For the Masses tribute CD is awesome.

Archived