Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mic Info Needed

:wave:

I'm looking to replace an older U-87 which is starting to show it's age, and came across an article in Keyboard Mag for the SE Electronics Gemini.

http://www.seelectronics.com/Gemini.html

If the SE promo literature and the KB article's glowing review are for real, this might be my next mic. Wondering if anyone has hands-on experience with this model, or any of the SE products? Thanks, Paul :)

WUDAYAKNOW.. For the first time in my life, I'm wrong again!!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help you with that level of microphone, but I do own 3 of SE's lower budget mics.

I have a pair of SE1As and most of the time I get great results with them. I'm very happy with them, especially consider how cheap they were.

I also have an SE2200A. This I am not convinced by. It is OK though and I know I can't expect miracles at the price I paid. One some occasions it has performed very well, but during one session a couple of weeks ago it bizarrely stopped working all of a sudden, giving me a tiny signal that was totally unusable. We checked and double checked every possibility that day and were baffled. However, I checked it again one last time before calling SE and it was fine again!

Like I said, I'm talking about their budget mics here so my experiences may not relate to your situation at all, but I thought I'd share them anyway!

Good luck

John Scott

Archived