Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Favorite sandwich?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought it would be fun to make the kids a grilled peanut butter and banana sandwich, just like the King use to eat. Plus, I was curious to see what it tasted like. Blahhhhh! It was horrible. But the kids loved it. Now I have to make them one every week.

I like it all....BLT....Rueben....mmmmm. Actually, if you want a really refreshing sandwich then make the following (I know that it sounds weird but it's great):

Bread

Cucumber

Sprouts

Peanut Butter

A little Mayo

Originally posted by gearmike:

You know,

my wife makes a pretty mean sammy...

turkey pastrami [gotta watch the heart], ham, provalone with some red onion and butter lettuce, little smear of some habanero mustard, one two thick slices of hawaiian bread...

Actually, Mike, outside of really good deli meats, I like the turkey pastrami I can buy at Kroger as much as the "real" counterpart. I don't remember what brand it is, but they stock a lot of Kentuckian Gold brand, so it could be that.

Sounds delicious! :thu:

Botch, Quiznos is around Nashville and they're ok, but I don't find them to be any better or worse, just different.

Now what was the really expensive sammy shop out of Texas?? :confused: That one was more like a real deli sandwich.. but still a bit cookie cutter-ish. I can't remember. They went out of business around here several years ago. But man, what a fine sammy they made...

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by eh steve:

Phuck you Phait.

:evil:

What are you mad about? You should pity him. It's not like your sex life sounds like his razz.. and he's busy coming off like a stalker to women, so I highly doubt there's anything going on there. ;):D

Oh.. Phait.. don't read that last paragraph..

Besides, we're talking about a far more explosive orgasm. A food induced state of nirvana! :thu:

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

So, I make this roast pork ...

I get a pork shoulder, then remove the bone. Salt, pepper, gaaaaarlic (sliced or crushed, depending on the mood) and fresh thyme and rosemary inside, the roll that sucker up and tie it off. Salt and pepper on the outside and slow roasted until the meat just falls apart.

Then I take the bone and make a stock with it. Add the skimmed pan drippings at the end.

THEN, I slice up that pork as thin as I can, and drop it into a crock pot with the pork aujus. Let it steep for about an hour, then serve on a crusty (well soaked on the inside if you lika da juice) italian roll with a slice of provolone cheese and some sauted brocolli rabe.

You have to eat it quick before the crusty roll gets soggy. It's still pretty good soggy though.

Yum.

I love sandwiches.

I really don't know what to put here.

As I think about this, I realize that I am craving travel as well as sandwiches. A muffuletta from the Central Grocery in NOLA. And then perhaps an oyster po'boy. Certainly the sandwiches will kill me, and just as certainly, the person sitting next to me on the plane.

Oh yeah,

Offramp or shniggens or any other Denverites...you ever had a sammy from Heidey's?

Seriously, what the f*ck with the candles? Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

-steve albini

Originally posted by Bill Roberts:

Ruben on rye.

That's good! :D

I also have a thing for a good Philly cheese-steak.

A local place makes a sandwich called The Roma Special that's got corned beef, ham, pastrami, onions, lettuce, oil & vinegar, oregano, and provolone cheese on Italian bread. :thu:

Bratwurst on a hot-dawg bun with swiss cheese, sourkraut, and mustard with horseradish. ;)

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

I really like a lot of different sandwiches but my all around favorite is probably a well stacked BLT with Avocado on toasted Sourdough. Toss on a good onion now and again too. MMMMMMM.

Corned beef on Rye is good as is a nice Reuben, don't hold the sourkraut.

Tuna or turkey melts...Yep, Good stuff Maynard.

Speaking of turkey melts, try this, toss the thinly sliced turkey on the griddle, toss on the cheese of your choice and do up some french toast. Slide the turkey between the french toast slices & sprinkle with powdered sugar or some other sweet stuff. Great for breakfast.

Just about any grilled sandwich is good to go.

Of course, stacker dills are good on just about any sandwich ever thought up, as are good onion slices.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Neil..you thinking of Schlotsky's? They're out of Asutin - in Chapter 11, but still hanging around

And Botch...I am leaning more for Quiznos...however Subways around here now have an instant Toaster contraption which works pretty well...They doing it anywhere else?

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20050117/baby_bob.jpg:thu:

Lynn G

Originally posted by Blue Strat:

Originally posted by Bill Roberts:

Ruben on rye.

That's good! :D

I also have a thing for a good Philly cheese-steak.

I was going to suggest it, but I thought it might be a bit cliche coming from a Philly guy.

Another Philly favorite that is just starting to get a reputation is the Schmitter. Roast beef or sandwich steak with a slice of hard salami, a slice of provolone and a fried egg on a kaiser roll.

Did anyone say grilled cheese with a slice of tomato? Nice with a bowl of chicken noodle to dunk it in.

I really don't know what to put here.

Originally posted by Guitar Geezer:

Neil..you thinking of Schlotsky's? They're out of Asutin - in Chapter 11, but still hanging around...

On the money, Geez! They were good for a year or two around Nashville, then all locations went bye-bye. :(

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by gearmike:

You know,

my wife makes a pretty mean sammy...

turkey pastrami [gotta watch the heart], ham, provalone with some red onion and butter lettuce, little smear of some habanero mustard, one two thick slices of hawaiian bread...

:thu::thu::thu::thu::thu::thu:

Archived