Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tsunami update?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny you should ask. I heard a report on NPR this morning about a new person in charge in Atche (sp?), one of the hardest hit areas. Apparently, progress has been very slow. This new guy vows to change that... we'll see. I wish him well.

Other than that I haven't heard much, other than rumblings that most of the money raised is gone with little to show for it.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

....Other than that I haven't heard much, other than rumblings that most of the money raised is gone with little to show for it.

I heard that they still have most of the money but are slow to spend it because they have yet to solidify a comprehensive plan of attack for such a massive reconstruction. This is what I heard all the grumbling is currently about.

http://www.internationalsos.com/members_home/tsunami/index.cfm?content_id=120&language_id=ENG

Lot's of money has come in and there's a fair amount of work going on and that's already been done.

But sadly, there's also a lot of mismanagement and folks hoarding stuff and collecting big funds from donors and using it for themselves...

That sorta stuff...

Vinay Vincent,

BASE Studios

"Live Jazz friday nights at The Zodiac Bar"

Archived