Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best Speakers in the World? Ebay

EBAY

THE SPEAKERS ARE ONE OF THE BEST SOUNDING IN THE WORLD. THEY ARE MADE SO WELL IT TAKES HARDLY ANY AMPHERAGE TO DRIVE THEM. THEY ARE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. THEY COME WITH A TRAILER WHICH YOU CAN HAUL THEM IN (IRON HORSE) 5' X 8' AS YOU KNOW THE SPEAKERS ARE VERY HEAVY. PROABLY COST 3000.00 TO 4000.00 TO SHIP. THESE SPEAKERS ORIGINALLY SOLD FOR $100000.00 AND THERE WAS LESS THAN 300 PAIRS MADE.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You just gotta trust a guy named stoney3333!

Seriously, what the f*ck with the candles? Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

-steve albini

C'mon guys, you should spend more time with the guys in the other camp, the high-end freaks. They have a lot to teach us and vice versa. These ugly things are in fact supposed to be capable of producing a very impressive sound.

Martin

Originally posted by phaeton:

If he's not sure exactly what these cost, how did he end up with them in the first place?

I would guess somebody owed him some money for a front and didn't have the cash. Most of these drug dealers places look like pawn shops. Not that I would know anything about that. This friend of mine noticed it and brought it to my attention because he is too shy to post here. :D

Good observation.... i've been out of that side of life for so long sometimes i forget how it is ;)

And wuddyamean yer friend is too shy to post here? We're all good folks here, right? right? am i right?

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

I love people that try and sell speakers with absolutely no technical information. Most DIY guys with a few pairs of speakers under their belt can at least generate fairly accurate frequency response graphs and specs from their home PC. While Goldmund is a real company, I have to wonder what they are doing about the two glaring problems I saw right off of the bat. baffle edge diffraction and driver spacing. There is no way that the drivers are placed within one wavelength of the range they are playing which will create comb filtering artifacts. all of those hard angles and seperate enclosures will also make for some interesting diffraction artifacts. My guess people with more money than sense will buy them because of the way they look and to have "Audiophile Sound".

Reach out and grab a clue.

Something Vicious

My solo crap

Archived