Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Well, hey there, folks!!!

I work strange hours as well, but dagnabbit...the jetlag is pushing me toward a very early morning shift (which would be helpful if I was going on early mornings)...but I'm going on midnights.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it is a lot worse going from UK - USA than the other way. I was staying with my sister when I visited and arrived early evening on a Saturday and managed to sleep through a student party!! But I was fine when I arrived back over here
Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

I thought it was harder the other way round, not for me personally, but from what other people say.

It's especially easy flying to the East Coast of America. If you leave the UK at 12 midday, you arrive in Philadelphia or New York at 7pm UK time, but that's 2pm ET, so you actually get a few extra hours added on to your day. All you need to do is stay awake until about 10pm, which would have been 3am in the UK. Then you have a good sleep because you are tired and get up at a decent time in the morning feeling fine and perfectly adjusted to your new time zone. Simple.

Coming back the way (flying Eastwards) is harder because you lose a few hours rather than gain a few.

Originally posted by Shars:

So remind me never to go over to the US then guys...I'll sleep all through the trip!

That's the best way to fly if you can do it, asleep. It would be so cool if a person could actually go into suspended animation for any trip longer than an hour or so. Then the stink, bad attitudes, tiny uncomfortable seats, lack of leg room, lousy food and fat bastards beside you taking up two seats wouldn't be much of a concern.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Archived