Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Censorship on The Songwriters Forum.

The moderator of the Song Writers Forum locked up my only two threads because some right wing facists complained about the lyrics of 2 protest songs I've been working on.

Apparently it is now illegal on the Songwriters Forum to work on the lyrics of any protest song against the Bush Administration.

It may be OK to to have a protest song bitching about Clinton, or any liberals, but Bush has become untouchable, or so it seems.

You'd think that in America songwriters could post anything they please, esp. when it comes to any politician. Hell, even Leno, Letterman, Connan, and all the rest are allowed to make fun of politicians on network TV, but old Johnny B can't have his two little threads about two little protest songs on the Music Player Network's Songwriter Forum.

Simply put, the Songwriter Forum here condones Censorship

I think that's pretty weak.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As the aforementioned moderator who is allegedly doing the censorship, I'm touched you feel the need to complain on the Songwriting forum and here. Anyone is welcome to read the threads Johnny B alludes to and make their own decision ;)

You seem, conveniently, to forget this in not a publicly held political forum, nor is the songwriter's forum.

Had you not been so blatant about your political views you may well have gotten by with much more than you did.

Get over it.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Since you had the tastelessness to bring your personal vendetta into a totally inappropriate venue, I'll post here what I posted in the Songwriter's forum.

---------------------------------------

<

Jeez, I'd ban this guy for "Excessive Drama Queen Tendencies Regardless of Political Affiliation."

The moderators in these forums have absolute authority to maintain these forums as they see fit. This is a forum about songwriting. I realize you want to push a particular political viewpoint, but man, it's getting tiresome. And I'm FAR from right wing.

I think you're being "censored" not because of your political viewpoint, but because of your appalling lack of taste and people skills. To come crying to the members of this forum is a most excellent example of what I mean.

Yeah, Ok. I'm unpopular with certain people...esp the stinkin' Bush lovers.

Censorship Rules....Welcome To Non-America.

I guess having censorship rule and wanting to be so ever popular means that the articles are....

Ah, never mind...

I've just lost all respect for certain individuals...individuals who I thought might stand up and show some intregrity.

And to show my sour grapes, I'll be canceling my...

Ah never mind...I don't pay for it anyway...LOL

Originally posted by Anderton:

Since you had the tastelessness to bring your personal vendetta into a totally inappropriate venue, I'll post here what I posted in the Songwriter's forum.

---------------------------------------

<

Jeez, I'd ban this guy for "Excessive Drama Queen Tendencies Regardless of Political Affiliation."

The moderators in these forums have absolute authority to maintain these forums as they see fit. This is a forum about songwriting. I realize you want to push a particular political viewpoint, but man, it's getting tiresome. And I'm FAR from right wing.

I think you're being "censored" not because of your political viewpoint, but because of your appalling lack of taste and people skills. To come crying to the members of this forum is a most excellent example of what I mean.

;) I'm surprised that you didn't hang a lock on this one or move it to the political forum. :D

Lighten up Johnny B. If you don't like some of the forums here on MusicPlayer; avoid them. Post where you feel best... and where you are best received. Save the political rants for the SSS Political Party.

BTW, you know where I stand on political views... and I'm a neutral telling you to chill... ;)

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Originally posted by Johnny B:

Yeah, Ok. I'm unpopular with certain people...esp the stinkin' Bush lovers.

No, that's not correct.

You're unpopular with anyone with a modicum of common sense.

You and your agenda have become so inane as to be much like a pathetic relic of some long forgotten something in a spitoon somewhere no one remembers, nor cares to.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Originally posted by Johnny B:

Oh, and Nursers...you suck.

I was 90% sure i was doing the right thing, then Craig's wise words made me 99% sure I was doing the right thing. You provided the much needed other 1% Johnny.

And it's funny you believe I have right-wing political views. Very, very funny.

i'll post here what i posted on the songwriting forum

do you realize how much of an ass your posts made you seem like? commie mart, commie mart? that's really quite ridiculous. you're an attention whore who can't stand when people divert their attention away from you.

i even noticed that in the commie mart thread, you just copy and pasted the commiemart song whenever anyone tried to talk intelligently about a) songwriting or b) the politics behind your song. you just can't stand people not recognizing you.

maturity at its finest.

Originally posted by deanmass:

Well, one vote here for anti-censorship, but I am equally against idiocy, and I trust Craig.

That would make one hell of a sig line - couldn't agree more :thu:

<>

I'll say it one last time.

People don't have a problem with your political views. You can believe whatever you want. Some people here share your political views, some people don't, and some people couldn't care less about your political views. That's not the point. This is not about politics.

People have a problem with how you use the bandwidth of these forums to push a personal agenda. In my view, it's basically become spam...no different from the guy saying "Click on this link to get a free DVD player!"

It's as if you came here and constantly posted about how great, say, Peter Gabriel is. Some would agree, some would disagree, but if you mentioned Peter Gabriel as much as you mentioned Bush, I guarantee people would be screaming "Enough Peter Gabriel! Argggh! Give it a rest!!!"

I do not consider getting rid of spam to be censorship. I consider it as part of making the forums more efficient, which is one of my objectives here.

When I closed down an Ashlee Simpson thread, it wasn't censorship. The thread was getting tiresome and it was time to move on. 99% of the time that's reason why I close a thread. If you want to consider that censorship, that's your right. I don't.

Well then prove you don't have right wing views and unlock my two little threads, then I'll have respect for you.

Also, since I was looking for real help on those two threads to complete my two projects, I'd appreciate some real help with the lyrics and not just people adding crap like always taking personal pot shots at me. They engage me, I fight back. It's my nature. And that delayed completion.

But just because they tried to derail me and my thread does not mean you should just shut down these two projects.

The other thing that happened, since they deal with matters that keep coming up in the news, is that there was a possibility for more verses or additional lyrics to be added, so that slowed it down too.

In fact, almost daily we see another news items showing that Corrupt Congressman Tom DeLay is dodging yet another scandal. Thus, the Ballad of Corrupt Congressman Tom DeLay could end up being a very long with quite a few verses. As you must know, the Ballad Form is often quite long anyway.

C'mon, unlock them. And maybe people will actually chime in with helpful things so I can get these two projects done.

Originally posted by Anderton:

If you want to consider that censorship, that's your right. I don't.

Ah Craig, there-in lies the crux of the matter. Anything, position, remarks, etal, not to Johnny B's liking, is censorship.

Johnny B is the only one that has the right to think or say/write anything to do with anything, regardless.

Our Joint

Johnny B,

I think what folks are trying to say is that you've begun to sound like a needle hung up on a broken record. Even those that can appreciate the message in a song get tired of the same old repetitious hang ups.

It's Friday night and you're all wound up; perhaps you ought to find yourself a good woman and get laid..... just don't get yourself Tom Delayed :D

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Originally posted by nursers:

And it's funny you believe I have right-wing political views. Very, very funny.

United States of Australia.... :D:D:D

You're now a right wing facist and not an AUSSIE??? :freak:

Archived