Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ashley Simpson's Touring Rider

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by phaeton:

Neil said:

Is that the "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" thing in action there? ;)
And here I was complementing you, Phaeton! :D;)

Actually, I accidentally backed up to my previous post and hit Add Reply again. :freak: I just added a new comment..

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I'll chime in, since I'm a tour manager...

1. Not all tours (even big, overblown ones) involve the label.

2. There are 30 times as many ways to lose money on a tour as there are to make them.

3. Simpson is a flash in the pan. It is not possible for her to maintain this level where she is, with so little talent.

More later.

'Drew

Originally posted by NYC Drew:

2. There are 30 times as many ways to lose money on a tour as there are to make them.

3. Simpson is a flash in the pan. It is not possible for her to maintain this level where she is, with so little talent.

More later.

'Drew

:thu::D 'Nuff said.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

How many Madonna's are there???

Ashlee started peaking when the SNL thing happened. Drew is correct, there isn't enough talent to keep her going.

She's going to act in a movie....just like Britney did. The movie is going to suck....just like Britney's did. She will release another album, and it won't sell as well as this one did.

This has been done a hundred times, at least. We've all seen it.

Maybe Ashlee can get on a review tour with Tiffany and Regina.

(Remember Regina? She was supposed to be the next Madonna too. Then she started doing commericals with McGruff the Crime Dog. ;) )

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drc300/c389/c38913r688q.jpghttp://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd500/d509/d509997bedw.jpghttp://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drg400/g408/g40876unkw1.jpg

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Originally posted by Super 8:

Maybe Ashlee can get on a review tour with Tiffany and Regina.

(Remember Regina? She was supposed to be the next Madonna too. Then she started doing commericals with McGruff the Crime Dog. ;) )

Well, at least she got to work with a legend before she vanished...

:D

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Hopefully 20 years from now, Ashlee will have learned her lesson from Tiffany and Debbie Gibson (oh, sorry, she's Deborah Gibson now) that posing for Playboy (even to show off a fresh new breast augmentation) doesn't start your Popstar career back up.

Originally posted by NYC Drew:

More later.

'Drew

I'll certain agree with 2 and 3, however if you are signed to a label, you work for the label, and they are involved in everything you do. You sign a contract with them, and must forfill the obligations of that contract. While some veteran established artists retain some hold on their careers, most have little to no say on what happens, particularly when it comes to touring. radio play is not enough to generate sales. You must get into the publics face, concert touring, TV, radio, personal appearances are all essential to sales. Simpson's got great PR, they know how to sell ice to the eskimos. But, like so many before her, we know what her fate is. Her sister is already falling from grace, she will be close behind.

In the end she'll end up broke and in rehab just like all the rest.

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Analog approach to digital recording.

Originally posted by where02190:

I'll certain agree with 2 and 3, however if you are signed to a label...

In the end she'll end up broke and in rehab just like all the rest.

Ok. So, these folks are still getting a paycheck, one that's bigger than I'll ever see, for 4 years of fame, right? At some point doesn't it come down to whether they stashed the check or spent it on a $10,000/month penthouse and Crystal? I mean, aside from the blow, a night out on the town in LA doesn't cost that much more than in the hot clubs in Philly, right? And no one's forcing an artist to keep an 20-member entourage on tour (three stylists, etc), do they?

Think about clubbing with that 20 person entourage, getting the private VIP booths, top nothc booze. Easily 20,000+/night the posh clubs will charge these stars, all billed to the label, whho in turn bill it to the artist. designer clothes, $1000 jeans, $10,000 dresses, same scenario. Hair, makeup, and do you think all that entourage just hangs around, the security people, the hair and make-up, etc. All get paid handsomely. Yes of course the "fiends" are hangers, but it adds up very very quickly.

Yes in the end it all comes down to common sense, save your pennies for a rainy day.

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Doncha think things might have changed from 18 YEARS ago ????

Why yes, things have changed at Geffen.

David Geffen is long gone.

John Kalodner, Tom Zutaut and Anna Statman are all long gone.

The label is all but defunct and simply an imprint used by UMG. The vision and magic that made Geffen special many years ago is long gone too. It went out the window the minute David sold out his interest to Universal.

Originally posted by djwayne:

Universal Group consists of: Interscope Records, A&M Records, Geffen Records, Dreamworks Records, Island Def Jam Music Group, Lost Highway Records, MCA Nashville, Mercury Records, Motown Records, Universal Records, Verve Music Group, Universal Classics and Universal Music Enterprises.

Somebody there must know something..doncha think ??

Why, because they've got a bunch of different labels? Doesn't mean that Universal Group will forever thrive. What I bet they do know, though, is who's bringing in the money and who isn't. And once an act stops bringing in the money, the label will move on to other/new acts that will.

Her own show, that her label bought her, a 40 city tour that her label is paying for, 3 million in sales, which won't cover squat of the previous...like I said, I'd coservatively estimate she owes her label a few million at this point.

Several million in debt at age 20, yea not bad.

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Archived