Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have tons of styles and such when you get the full-blown version. A big bang for the buck.

But, it's not perfect in what it does, but it does give a real good starting point. The older versions were harder to work with, but the newer ones are much more flexible.

Have fun......

I'm trying to think but nuthin' happens....

I use it all the time. Write a song, save it as a midi file, stick it in Band in a Box and see how it sounds faster, slower, as a waltz, as a blues, as a shuffle, as a reggae, etc. Pretty neat tool.

I have found it also makes up drum parts that frequently sound more real than mine too, and I will have it generate a repeating slow blues for my sax students to jam over from time to time. Easy to change the key, the tempo, etc. in a hurry.

Mark G.

"A man may fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame others" -- John Burroughs

"I consider ethics, as well as religion, as supplements to law in the government of man." -- Thomas Jefferson

BIAB is what got me interested in computers and music. It's an amazing learning tool and is also useful for writing your own music. I can't say enough good things about it. Although, I wish the interface was less cluttered.

Originally posted by Angelo Clematide:

no, not random, you can choose a style.

Copyright: sure it's your composition.

I don't mean that,...

I know that If I put a song in there myself I can copyright it.

I mean that other function.

There's a thingy on it named Moldist Chord and melody creator. When you hit that it gives you a composition....It generates chords and a melody,.. each time you hit it it creates another song,...not from memory but random.

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

Originally posted by Angelo Clematide:

aha, you mean the fully automated stuff...

Yes that too is your composition, you hit the button you are the composer!

Weird,...so like any nitwit can make a song in it and copyright it.

So I wasted all these years of songwriting and learning to play instruments and singing,....I could have chased girls and be drunk everyday instead for 15 years and then buy this program..... ;)

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

yes, funny, isn't it.

I was chasing the last 20 years - installed a robofinger who hit the nitwit key every 2 minutes and a automatic billing system to the publisher. :D

You will find out fast that composing won't work really with Band In A Box, but for typing in a few chords and fiddling around it's a good tool.

Also to practice and develop melodies it can be useful.

-Peace, Love, and Potahhhhto

Archived