Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Watching TV on computer

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got an ATI TV-Wonder Card (PCI card - about $80) several years ago and hooked it up. It was great except it only records (captures) the first 123 channels off a cable box. Considering that my cable box has channels all the way up to 999 (and most of them that I was interested in recording were > 123) it wasn't much help. Got pretty good quality though. Be forwarned, the video files you save take up LOTS of hard drive space. Be prepared to either store them on an external drive or burn them to CD-R/DVD-R.

Regarding "Watching TV on your PC", that portion worked flawlessly too. Matter of fact you could have picture-in-picture going and watch several channels all while playing solitaire, watching your downloads, or whatever.

Hope this helps!

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

I tried that for a minute but it was to much of a hassle. But what I did was use the cable box and had the tv-tuner card set to channel 3. that way you can get all the channels. One thing, according to the usage meter that came with the video card, the amount of memory I had allocated (80 g's)would allow me to record for seven and one half days continous? Ain't that a lot of video in a small space? Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

Archived