Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Grrrrr....

F$%kin' hippies...

So here I am in Tucson, the week of the International Gem and Mineral Show, the biggest party all year and an event that draws people from around the world. My band is booked to play the most happening Fat Tuesday party right in the middle of it. Everyone's gonna be there...

... except that the hippie flake in charge of the event waited until six PM the night of the damn party to call back the owner of the venue for the first time in three weeks. Naturally, he said, "What party? You never called me back," and three bands and hundreds of people were out a good time.

To add insult to injury, my bandmates and I go to Brooklyn Pizza to get something to eat instead, and three out of four people in the joint were on their way to that party. Even the girl who took my order said she was going there after work - she had on Mardi Gras beads.

Even worse, the guy who told everyone about the party except the owner of the warehouse is a good friend of mine.

:mad::evil::mad:

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jode:

"What party? You never called me back," ...

Oh Man...That's Lame with a capital " :mad: " send out leaflets and set up the party...it'll be fun being busted in Tucson anyway - as long as you're there !

... except that the hippie flake in charge of the event waited until six PM the night of the damn party to call back the owner of the venue for the first time in three weeks. Naturally, he said, "What party? You never called me back," and three bands and hundreds of people were out a good time.
If this guy were anyone other than a friend, you could hold him liable for payment. You "could" even hold a friend liable for payment, but you might lose a friend over it. Was there a fee for entry prior to the event, was it free, or was there going to be gate ticketing? Any way you go about it, the patrons that support the event might think twice about making plans to attend next year.

Sorry to hear you lost out because some hippie dude had his head up in the clouds this time. :(

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Hey, didn't anyone learn anything from rave culture? You rent a generator, put up a sign at the place where the party was supposed to be, direct everyone to the nearest abandoned warehouse, and plug in. Done!

Originally posted by Ani:

If this guy were anyone other than a friend, you could hold him liable for payment. You "could" even hold a friend liable for payment, but you might lose a friend over it. Was there a fee for entry prior to the event, was it free, or was there going to be gate ticketing? Any way you go about it, the patrons that support the event might think twice about making plans to attend next year.

1. I think I lost a friend.

2. It was a free event, but worth thousands in promotion - a diverse crowd from the four corners of the globe, many of whom may have gone home with a Live The Day CD.

Grrr.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Archived