Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tracktion software for free

Well after spending some time with Pro Tools Free, Tracktion, and Windows ME, I've decided to stick with Tracktion on XP, just too many crashes with PTF, and too many issues with ME,... soooooo....if it ain't compatible with XP, forgetaboutit !!!

Living' in the shadow,

of someone else's dream....

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the heads up! After playing with Tracktion for a few days, I must say that I'm very impressed. It takes more of an "object oriented" approach to production rather than the logical signal flow approach of most other audio software. A very fresh idea indeed. Objects like audio clips, midi sequences, rewire channels, synths, and effects (filters) are easily chained by dragging and dropping anywhere in the signal and each object's options are displayed when selected similar to the property inspector in development programs like Director or Flash. As a visual learner, I was making tracks within the first hour.

Tracktion (with built-in sampler) + Phatmatic + Crystal + Triangle2 + Synth1 = Poor man's Reason with the added audio abilities.

The website says the free Tracktion comes with FinalMix mastering tools, but I can't find it. Do I need Mackie hardware to use it or get it?

I can't answer your question as I just simply don't know. I'm very new to Tracktion too. I have been busy setting up the midi feature, and it does indeed work, which makes me very happy. The audio is also recorded straight to your hard drive I believe, which makes a lot of sense to me. You won't lose recorded info in the event of a crash. I've also been looking at the Kristal program, which also records staight to hard drive. They are both very interesting programs which indeed will help the musician on a tight budget, get started with computer recording.

Living' in the shadow,

of someone else's dream....

Archived