Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Hurricane Helene

johnchop

We are without power and, by some miracle, undamaged.

But the greater Augusta area seems well and truly effed.

Time to work on my acoustic guitar skills.

Stay safe out there, my fellow FL/GA/SC KCers. 

• Like 2
I make software noises.

Good to hear your doing okay after Helene.      Climate change is really making it known it is real I sitting here and weather is still in the 90's heading into October no idea when will get Fall and already larger than normal snowfall in winter.   Times they are a changin'

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Definitely wishing for protection to folks in the path of destruction during hurricane season.

Be smart. Stay safe. Evacuate if necessary.

Things can be replaced with or without insurance.

However, the human clone machine still has way too many bugs in it.🤣😎

• Like 2

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I picked a great week to go on a vacation (retirement scouting mission) to MN....

Hell I'm sweating up here in Duluth, but not as much as when I'm back home in the swamp.

It sucks to be without power for days when it's 80 degrees plus (more like 90 still).   iirc it was Irma a few years ago that covered the entire state with at least hurricane force gusts for 12 hrs straight...  Storms are only going to get bigger and more powerful on average moving forward....

• Like 1

It’s wild. In my 20+ years here (coming from FL originally), I have never seen anything like this. We are far enough inland that most storms just peter out by the time they get to us. This was a monster.

I make software noises.

This weekend is the annual fall festival on main street in my town plus a separate Christian music festival in the park. The music festival was washed out. Winds and torrential rains did a number on the two mile stretch of vendor tents set up on main street. After a morning of torrential rain and a few hours of lights blinking they decided to delay the start of the second day of the festival and cancel music acts. Against all forecasts the worst of it somehow skirted around my little southeastern Kentucky town, however our farm on the other end of the state has water standing in the fields. 

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Deep sympathy for those in the path of Helene....

We don't have hurricanes up in the mountains....but more giant fires than ever before. As a kid I went to a very cool summer camp about 5 miles from this town:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/05/greenville-california-mountain-town-destroyed-dixie-fire

24 years after climate change was a major political issue in a presidential election....can the vehicles get any bigger? Where I live they are just huge now. My neighborhood in Idaho has been evacuated twice but TYG it has not burned. Mother Nature is not happy with us....in so many ways. I go to the grocery store with an electric bike...guess what...alot of people hate E-bikes! I try to make up a little for the guitars that have been flying in lately from Japan and Germany. 

RT-3/U-121/Leslie 21H and 760/Saltarelle Nuage/MOXF6/MIDIhub, 

SL-880/Nektar T4/Numa Cx2/Deepmind12/Virus TI 61/SL61 mk2

Stylophone R8/Behringer RD-8/Proteus 1/MP-7/Zynthian 4

MPC1k/JV1010/Unitor 8/Model D & 2600/WX-5&7/VL70m/DMP-18 Pedals

Natal drums/congas etc & misc bowed/plucked/blown instruments. 

Fortunately I live in ATL so I wasn’t directly in the path of Helene. I did, however, experience a power outage on Friday and Saturday when a tree knocked down in our neighborhood. Other than that, sad to hear about the victims of Helene. Condolences to their respective families.

24 minutes ago, hurricane hugo said:

Moog and MakeNoise are ok in Asheville:

Thought about Moog Music when I saw Asheville, NC flash across the TV screen. 

Always great to know that folks have weathered a storm in those affected areas.

Unfortunately, over 100+ people weren't so lucky. More bodies will be recovered during the clean up effort.

Always amazing the amount of destruction mother nature can leave behind in a short amount of time. 😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Been seeing the photos and video in the news and heartbreaking what has happened to so many.   One guy interviewed said... I been through a lot of really bad floods here in the past, the none we as bad as this one.  It's going to take years to get things back, if ever.