Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"The Bands and the Fans Were Fake. The $10 Million Was Real"

cedar

Disclaimer: Theft is real, and it hurts people in more ways than at first glance. Corporations certainly want to protect their bottom line which means protecting the user/consumer just enough to stay.

interesting… By the looks of it, i’m thinking “a scam turned into a sting”. Can’t wait for more of the reality to seep thru.

Providing “loss prevention” services for a fruit company was a real eye opener into the world of fraud and attempted fraud. Watching transactions(purchases) of physical gear being “returned and refunded” on the SAME day thousand of miles away from where is was purchased, is intriguing to say the least. But lets also be real about what lengths a fruit company has to go to prevent larger crimes.

Example from many years ago: What do you think is (in $’s) the acceptable and expected  Annual Loss on an Operational Budget line item for a Fruity Flagship Store? Keep adding zero’s…Way more than I would have ever freakin’ imagined!!!

I am now far more interested in this story, not for the real theft, but interested to see more of the public theater messaging around a seemingly (obvious in hindsight) sting operation which was allowed to run its course to cast a much larger net of criminal idiots. The guy “roped” in other people and other jurisdictions which makes it way worse than stealing locally from a single venue.

Headlines are clickbait… MAN USES AI TO STEAL 60k FROM REAL ARTIST BY USING SPOTY 

I fully appreciate the passions surrounding this very real issue facing musician in this case and all artist which attempt to put bread on the table for themselves and their families, which INCLUDES myself, this should be a wake up call if you are still asleep. And so I ask for your indulgence as I’m a sarcastic person but this is just too funny in my pea brain… the “french” love Jerry Lewis, the “americans” not so much… being of american french heritage might explain my condition.

Spotify invests heavily in automated and manual reviews to prevent, detect, and mitigate the impact of artificial streaming on our platform," its spokesperson told Music Ally.

"In this case, it appears that our preventative measures worked and limited the royalties Smith was able to generate from Spotify to approximately $60,000 of the $10,000,000 noted in the indictment."

"As Spotify typically accounts for around 50% of streamshare, this shows how effective we are at limiting the impact of artificial streaming on our platform," continued the spokesperson.

Well then. The streaming service that claims to account for 50% of streamshare only paid out 0.6% of the royalties in this alleged case of streaming fraud.

PEACE

_
_
_

When musical machines communicate, we had better listen…

http://youtube.com/@ecoutezpourentendre