Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Portable Fatar TP/8Piano-ish board ?

Looking for a portable board for leisure/vacation travel, but with a decent action, minimum 5 octaves and preferably not so much more, for portability. Sounds will be supplied by iPad and/or MPC, so a pure MIDI board will work fine too.

I have found a Roland RD64 digital piano that looks perfect, a bit tough to find them here in Europe it seems, 64 keys is absolutely great though and I'll keep looking for one.

Any other ideas?

"You live every day. You only die once."

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII, SL73, Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

Just now, AnotherScott said:

Dexibell Vivo S1 is a 68-key board with the Fatar TP/8P.

Ohh and very slim too, I like it!!

• Like 1

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

PC3, HX3 w. B4D, 61SLMkII, SL73, Prologue 16, KingKORG, Opsix, MPC Key 37, DM12D, Argon8m, EX5R, Toraiz AS-1, IK Uno, Toraiz SP-16, Erica LXR-02, QY-700, SQ64, Beatstep Pro

I ended up grabbing an SL73, dimensions are pretty much the same as the Vivo S1 (a tad deeper) with a handful of keys more still, and it's a TP/100LR bed which should be fine. A little bit heavier (11.5 vs 8.5 Kg.), but it will always go by car so not a problem. And obviously no sounds, which was not important here anyway.

This will be the mother for my iPad Air M1, and when needed also for my MPC Key 37, while travelling, and in addition a possible second tier in other situations in the future.

Moreover it saved me quite a bit of cash... The Vivo S1 is still a hot little number, but I can have a lot of fun for 1000€ ..

Should I for some reason not feel comfortable with it (there seems to be split opinions about the action in general), I grabbed it on Amazon and can return it without any questions asked.

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

3 hours ago, ElmerJFudd said:

Numa Compact SE and X SE uses the TP/9 with a lip rather than waterfall.  

Not nearly as nice as the TP/8P

• Like 1

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

21 minutes ago, AnotherScott said:

Not nearly as nice as the TP/8P

Big diff on TP/8P and /9P ?

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -

1 hour ago, J.F.N. said:

Big diff on TP/8P and /9P ?

Yes, the 8 is pretty even in response from the front of the key to the back, the 9 gets stiffer toward the rear of the key.

• Like 1

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Cross posting a follow up (got my SL73 today).

Where is Major Tom?

- - - - -