Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lyle Mays going full Beast Mode

Thank you!

Another one for my Lyle archives...an amazing person who helped change what I listened to, how I listened to it and hopefully had some impact on how I play. Always brings a tear to my eyes to listen/watch him.

Using:

Yamaha: Montage M8x| Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape | uhe: Diva, Hive2, Zebra2| Roland: Cloud Pro | Arturia: V Collection

NI: Komplete 14 | VPS: Avenger | Cherry: GX80 | G-Force: OB-E | Korg: Triton, MS-20

Sold/Traded:

Yamaha: Motif XS8, Motif ES8, Motif8, KX-88, TX7 | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe| Roland: RD-2000, D50, MKS-20| Korg: Kronos 88, T3, MS-20

Oberheim: OB8, OBXa, Modular 8 Voice | Rhodes: Dyno-My-Piano| Crumar: T2

18 hours ago, Motif88 said:

Thank you!

Another one for my Lyle archives...an amazing person who helped change what I listened to, how I listened to it and hopefully had some impact on how I play. Always brings a tear to my eyes to listen/watch him.

That sums up my feelings as well, and there is no keyboardist I mourn more. I still remember watching Pedro Aznar’s Mas Alla tribute in the height of the pandemic, just after Lyle’s passing—completely wrecked me.

B/Midiboard/VirusKC/Matrix12/EX5/Maschine

I simply posted the original recording of The Windup as reference, and to provide context for Pat Metheny Group's performance.

My intention was not to invite comparison between Lyle and Keith as improvising pianists.