Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha CP88/CP73 OS v1.6

On 5/16/2024 at 3:45 PM, Dave Keys said:

My main complaint with these boards is the limited number of patch storage memories, so I have to overwrite the factory patches to have enough user patches saved.

I've been really happy using John Melas patch lib program. Available for CP, CK and YC.  Often need to swap out large show banks, and his software has been bullet proof. Price is reasonable . I'm considering grabbing the editor too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chris Corso

www.chriscorso.org

Lots of stuff.

49 minutes ago, obxa said:

I've been really happy using John Melas patch lib program. Available for CP and YC.  Often need to swap out large show banks, and his software has been bullet proof. Price is reasonable . I'm considering grabbing the editor too.

This!

I've been using Melas software since my MOXF days.   Now use it with my MODX+   Well worth the price, to me

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

On 5/17/2024 at 12:45 AM, CHarrell said:

You thought a 3 year gap in OS updates would result in new sounds???    

🤣

😂

😄

.🙂

😐

☹️

😢

😭

🍺

🥴

Yup, my bad, sorry. 

Yamaha C3 | CP4 | CK88 | P-121 | Sauter 108 Studio | Schimmel 112 |

On 5/17/2024 at 2:58 PM, Stefan011 said:

TBH while Id love to hear some new sounds (Rhodes MKV for example), Im pretty satisfied with what is already there. It might be because Kurzweil Fortre I used before offered only two piano samples 🙂

Yamaha Award Winner : Customer of the year! 👍🏻👏🏻 

• Haha 1

Yamaha C3 | CP4 | CK88 | P-121 | Sauter 108 Studio | Schimmel 112 |

On 5/25/2024 at 7:45 PM, Manolios said:

Yamaha Award Winner : Customer of the year! 👍🏻👏🏻 

Nah 🙂 While I do like the samples I would love to have some improved functions like audio in to master effects or different Drive options for E piano section. 

Just wondering if there's a consensus on the best straight ahead, early Rhodes patch in the CP73. Don't really care for Dyno-my, phasers, or chorus.

Yamaha CP73; 145 gig Leslie; Nord Electro 61; Oberheim OB3^2; Wurlitzer 200A; Ampeg Gemini I amp; Speakeasy Leslie preamp; QSC K-10

(dearly departed, now serving the Lord in Bryant AR: '58 B3, Bob Schleicher 50C Leslie)

1 hour ago, BluesB3 said:

Just wondering if there's a consensus on the best straight ahead, early Rhodes patch in the CP73. Don't really care for Dyno-my, phasers, or chorus.

There are only 7 basic Rhodes sounds, and they are identified by year so you can see which are earlier and which are later. I'd suggest just trying them (with all effects/EQ disabled) and see what you like best as a starting point. As for phasers and chorus, none of the basic sounds have effects baked in, effects are added separately. If you happen to find a Live Set where you really like the sound but wish it didn't have those effects, just turn those effects off with the front panel switches, and re-save the Live Set without them.

ScreenShot2024-06-03at12_11_26PM.jpg.f342064a4921e6487f963ff26d4b3afc.jpg

• Like 2

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Im using No. 1 and 2 so far. The first is pretty universal and smooth and the second obviously pretty funky. But Im yet to dedicate more time to other sounds. The 74 studio sound very promising. Very nice samples overall. 

I will say, the 67 patches nail that super-early hammery Rhodes sound in a way that I haven't even been able to find in software. Otherwise, I went with the 78Rd for a good all-rounder Rhodes sound, or the 73Studio if I wanted something with more pronounced tines.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...