Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

impOSCar 3

Well that was a bit of a surprise for me. Imposcar was one of the first really good sounding VA's. Was surprised to get the email this morning announcing an upgrade to version 3. Was more surprised to see that it has wavetables. But like their other synths I will probably upgrade.

https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/imposcar3/

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I saw it more “when” than “if”, as they were blowing out version 2 a few months ago. Anyway, glad to see it’s here!

Happily upgraded and about to install.

One of my faves. 

I make software noises.

29 minutes ago, johnchop said:

I saw it more “when” than “if”,

Agreed

I have actually been waiting for this, all of their "older" products have  been updated starting last year, IIRC

ImpOscar2 was released in 2015

:nopity:

Every bit as good as the original, and way easier to use with the updated UI.

Something about GForce synths… they can pump out some absolutely thunderous low end. And subtle harmonic distortion (“warmth”) is uniformly well executed. To my (admittedly crappy) ears, they don’t sound midrange-y and muffled like competitors can.

Worth your time to demo!

• Like 1
I make software noises.

The original impOSCar was my favorite soft synth by far, for many years until KORG got into the act. I ultimately ended up selling my Waldorf and GForce soft synths and string machines, as good as they are, as I was finding I had less and less time to master software instruments and wanted to size down my vendor list to make more efficient use of my time, having moved back to mostly traditional production techniques and live instruments.

I am almost afraid to listen to demos of impOSCar v3, as V2 was already such a huge step up. It was the last one I parted with, and I wasn't even sure I'd do it, but ultimately I found that these days I am usually happier using orchestral instruments, world instruments, and found objects, in place of synths.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager