Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Prepare to have your mind Belewned!

Adrian Belew, Tony Levin, Steve Vai and Danny Carey are going to be touring together, performing early-80s King Crimson music!

https://blabbermouth.net/news/adrian-belew-tony-levin-steve-vai-and-danny-carey-on-upcoming-beat-tour-sparks-will-fly

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1
  • Love 1

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

I was very upset that the tickets for a concert near me had sold out before I had a chance.

• Like 1

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

WOOT!!
We found and snagged two tickets for good seats at the Eastman Theater in Rochester, NY this coming October 19, a Saturday. Elizabeth ("Caevs Grrrl" here 'bouts) is booking a hotel as I type...

11 hours ago, Dannyalcatraz said:

I think they’re only doing one show near me, in September.  And it’s not a big venue.

8 hours ago, Winston Psmith said:

Coming here in October.

Look into that and get tickets as soon as possible, if they're still available and you can swing it. You don't want to miss this!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Winston Psmith said:

I've seen and heard Belew with David Bowie, King Crimson, and the Adrian Belew Power Trio, and it's always entertaining, to say the least.

I saw Adrian with Bowie on what I now recall as being the Low Tour (I could be wrong about the tour but it was definitely David Bowie with Adrian Belew on lead guitar, fantastic).

A few years later I was at NAMM in Anaheim and Adrian did a seminar on the Roland synthesizer guitar in a relatively small theater venue. I don't remember much about the music but I did enjoy it. 

• Like 3
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Just to remind everybody, refresh memories and offer a taste of what's to come:

• Like 1

Belew is fond of using Pitch-Shifters to create some of those Intervallic leaps we hear in his solos. My bandmate gave me a Digitech iStomp with Belew's "Impossible Pedal" loaded into it, and that's what it does.

• Like 2

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

I had a band give me a termination notice because I continued to do Adrain Belew inspired solos on my synth. The Rhodes Chroma could really pull it off. I can still hear the guitarist/singer saying "I get mad every time I look over and you have one hand on the pitch and mod wheels. I want both hands on the keys at all times!" And the female vocalist saying "Less of those space sound thingies. Just play notes." I never complied. It wasn't like I was doing it every song. It really fit in songs like Politics of Dancing or I Love It When You Call Me Names. They finally gave me notice that they were going to replace me because I would not play the way they wanted me to play. That sort of blew up in their faces and I was in that band until it eventually broke up.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

44 minutes ago, RABid said:

I had a band give me a termination notice because I continued to do Adrain Belew inspired solos on my synth. The Rhodes Chroma could really pull it off. I can still hear the guitarist/singer saying "I get mad every time I look over and you have one hand on the pitch and mod wheels. I want both hands on the keys at all times!" And the female vocalist saying "Less of those space sound thingies. Just play notes." I never complied. It wasn't like I was doing it every song. It really fit in songs like Politics of Dancing or I Love It When You Call Me Names. They finally gave me notice that they were going to replace me because I would not play the way they wanted me to play. That sort of blew up in their faces and I was in that band until it eventually broke up.

Wow! You played with a pair of real a$$h0l3$ there!

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Winston Psmith said:

I have to agree with brother @Caevan O’Shite!

BTW, The Politics of Dancing is one of my favorite 80's tunes!

I was covering all the synth parts plus playing that feedback lead guitar part in the middle of the song. That was a fun song to play.

1 hour ago, Caevan O’Shite said:

Wow! You played with a pair of real a$$h0l3$ there!

Yes, but karma is the real bitch. I stayed in the band after the manager forbid them from firing me. A year later they had a falling out. I offered to bring in a guitarist that I had played with. The female singer refused to even listen to him play because "he looks too country." That was the best thing to never happen to him. A few years later he moved to Nashville to start a 10 year run as lead for a major star. She eventually went to Nashville but could not evolve past background singer.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 5/3/2024 at 7:07 PM, Dave Bryce said:

I’ve got tix to the second LA show

dB

That's awesome! The first city and venue that we'd checked, the one nearest me, had sold out quickly; but then we found and snagged two tickets for good seats at the Eastman Theater in Rochester, NY this coming October 19, a Saturday. Woot!  :rawk: 

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

YEOW! Just checked the ticket prices in Cincinnati. It must have sold out pretty fast. Everything is "verified resale" and more than I want to pay.

Looking over the list of concert DVD's as an alternative. Anyone have a recommendation on the best live King Crimson DVD?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

So, who else is going? Anyone else scoring tickets for this opportunity to catch a very unique line-up performing what may be among the last 'King Crimson official' outings? Anyone? Anyone?

On 5/5/2024 at 5:04 PM, RABid said:

Looking over the list of concert DVD's as an alternative. Anyone have a recommendation on the best live King Crimson DVD?

Anyone? Anyone? I haven't really checked out a lot of those, myself...  Perhaps some YouTube searches for 'Live Concert King Crimson Topic' might give you some samples of what's been released?

• Like 3

On 5/5/2024 at 5:04 PM, RABid said:

YEOW! Just checked the ticket prices in Cincinnati. It must have sold out pretty fast. Everything is "verified resale" and more than I want to pay.

Something to note - you'll get shunted off to a lot of BS ticket resellers because they're paying to have their sites moved to the top of a search. Look for the site for the venue itself, or whichever ticket (dis)service is really selling tickets for this event. I've seen instances where tickets haven't yet gone on sale for an event, and the re-sellers were already posting absurd prices.

In answer to your question, it kind of depends on which era of KC you're most interested in? "Neal, and Jack and Me" is Discipline-era KC at its peak, "Deja Vroom"  gives you a look at the mid-90's "double trio" KC, "Eyes Wide Open" features the quartet from the early 2000's, TCOL-era KC. Last up, "Radical Action to Unseat the Hold of Monkey Mind" has both CD and DVD versions of the same live sets. Possibly the most wide-ranging of the DVD's, in that the band was exploring material from nearly all of KC's history.

Some of the the live CD's also have concert footage, or DVD content, best viewed on a Mac or PC. Have fun . . .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

There are some real treats on "Radical Action . . ." and some new material that never made it onto a studio recording.

You might also look into "In The Court Of The Crimson King" on Prime. It's much more of a documentary than a concert video, but you get more insight into the group that you're seeing and hearing on "Radical Action . . ."

• Like 2