Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Allen & Heath CQ-18T. This is the mixer to get...

If I were buying small digital mixers again, it'd certainly be the A&H CQ series vs. the familiar Behringer XR-18.  I had a chance to hear one live -- you can tell the difference in the preamps and the FX -- just a notch above.

I'm planning to move to the SQ5 and sell my X32 Rack and all of its accoutrements. The A&H unit itself isn't all that expensive, but add in six personal mixing stations, powered ethernet hub, digital snake, cases, etc. and it gets pricey quick.  The new front end will be 4x QSC LA112s and 2x KS118s.  

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

19 minutes ago, cphollis said:

The A&H unit itself isn't all that expensive, but add in six personal mixing stations 

why do you need personal mixing stations? You're unable to use the CQ4you monitor phone app? [edit.. i thought you were referring to the CQ, not the SQ, thought it may have that app too]

Just now, D. Gauss said:

why do you need personal mixing stations? You're unable to use the CQ4you monitor phone app?

Of course, those can be used.  Also, the sound person could potentially be responsible for the mixes in each performer's ears.  Or some combination.

To be effective during a performance, you'd need a phone that was mounted on a stand, supplied with power for a four hour gig, configured not to accept any interruptions, and have the user be comfortable with a small screen at a distance.

Or you could get personal mixing stations.  The performers like them much, much better.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

32 minutes ago, cphollis said:

Of course, those can be used.  Also, the sound person could potentially be responsible for the mixes in each performer's ears.  Or some combination.

To be effective during a performance, you'd need a phone that was mounted on a stand, supplied with power for a four hour gig, configured not to accept any interruptions, and have the user be comfortable with a small screen at a distance.

Or you could get personal mixing stations.  The performers like them much, much better.

Gotcha. I wrongly assumed this was for a studio setup, not live.  Monitors rarely, if ever, even exist in the many gigs i play per year. ;)