Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

JT on Tiny Desk

I watched some of it. I've been a fan since hearing him play Wurlitzer live. His band is TIGHT!  The performance with Chris Stapleton on the CMAs a few years ago was DEEPLY SOULFUL! 😎

• Like 3

What was interesting to me is that Adam Blackstone (to Justin's left, our right) is on synth for this particular gig.  Blackstone--who has become one of those "it" MDs and band leaders, getting the call for everything from Superbowl halftime to award shows--is normally on bass when I see him.  I've seen him play synth bass before of course, but here I think he's just on regular synth duties, cause theres another guy (stage right) playing bass.  Haven't watched the whole thing closely enough to verify yet though.

There's also another keys player in the back playing a stack.  On some songs, couldn't really tell which keyboard (Justin's or the other guy) I was hearing.  Again, haven't watched the whole performance yet though--and haven't listened through high quality speakers/phones either.

hmm…he’s a little long in the tooth to still be playing the same gig. Could be an SNL skit.

Call me unimpressed…

Using:

Yamaha: Montage M8x| Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape | uhe: Diva, Hive2, Zebra2| Roland: Cloud Pro | Arturia: V Collection

NI: Komplete 14 | VPS: Avenger | Cherry: GX80 | G-Force: OB-E | Korg: Triton, MS-20

Sold/Traded:

Yamaha: Motif XS8, Motif ES8, Motif8, KX-88, TX7 | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe| Roland: RD-2000, D50, MKS-20| Korg: Kronos 88, T3, MS-20

Oberheim: OB8, OBXa, Modular 8 Voice | Rhodes: Dyno-My-Piano| Crumar: T2

1 hour ago, Motif88 said:

hmm…he’s a little long in the tooth to still be playing the same gig. Could be an SNL skit.

Call me unimpressed…

Just curious...what do you mean by the "same gig"?  He's doing a medley of many of the biggest hits he's had throughout his career here, no?  That's exactly the type of gig I expect from someone who's a bit "long in the tooth"--or at least past the peak of their commercial success/popularity.  Can you elaborate?

13 hours ago, Motif88 said:

Call me unimpressed…

I mistakenly thought he went out with the wardrobe malfunction.  

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3