Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ebay Alert-Manley SLAM! Scam

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Duddits:

Of course, one possibly no one has considered is that Lynn has developed some sort of Sybil-esque Victor/Victoria-esque schizophrenic condition (an inevitable consequence of comparing hundreds of mic pres, converters, and other audio doo-dads over the years) and is actually selling these things as someone else pretending that he is himself.

:)

D,

The thought did cross my mind, being crazy myself, but my other personalities talked me out of it.

Thanks, Gang!

You guys are like superheroes!

:D

:thu:

That said, maybe you could have included the world "SCAM" in the subject. I assumed that this was an announcement of a legitimate sale before I read the thread.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Originally posted by Duddits:

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

I also need a money. Maybe I sell Les Paul.

- Jeff

A nice man. He must be pushing 90 these days, no?

Didn't realize he was for sale.

299 Euros. But must deliver money tonight in brown paper bag with toilet paper. Have diarrhea, in a hurry.

Lynn Fuston

3D Audio Inc

Home of 3dB

Originally posted by EveAnna Manley:

Update: Bombguy's insider contact paid off. Just got a real live telephone call from eBay VeRo people. Auction is getting yanked reallllllllllll soon now.

I just wanna know who's gonna yank the guy off Ebay. Pull the auction today, shows back up tomorrow.

Can this stuff be stopped?

Lynn Fuston

3D Audio Inc

Home of 3dB

Funny thing though, he is still doing research on the unit and is copying and pasting info from other sites. He just added a quote about how it has "an amazing pair of (actually four) Limiters, and Class A tube mic preamps, it also has masters degrees in DI, AtoD and DtoA, VU and PPM but that was too much for an acronym.

That's got to be a lift from somewhere in a review or Manley's site. Either way, he doesn't give up easy.

Lynn Fuston

3D Audio Inc

Home of 3dB

Originally posted by miroslav:

Shit...the hell with eBay...contact London police and have them investigate!!!

You have enough proof and contact info.

Resident Brit here :wave: . If it is requested, I could make a few calls for you. Seriously. The number listed is a cell phone number, it would cost a lot for you to call it from the US. The address listed, surprise surprise, appears to be non-existant.

It's not fair that Manley's name, aswell as Lynn Fuston and genuine eBay sellers, be put through this. If there's anything I can do to help speed up proceedings, please let me know.

John Scotsman

Aw this is good: Our friend in "london" has just awoken from a fitful night's sleep. Now our pal has changed his Manley Scam! auction to this kind of thing:

"Note: This listing is restricted to pre-approved bidders or buyers only. Email the seller to be placed on the pre-approved bidder/buyer list."

VeRO will yank that thing tomorrow, not to worry. The ball is rolling....

EveAnna Manley, Manley Labs

manleylabs.com

I recently had something similar happen to me.

A US fraudster got hold of my details and had the cheek to add a Harley Davidson for $20,000 under my name onto Ebay and i ended up with a bill for listing that you will beleive!

I spoke to Ebay and they pulled it of my account and I had to change all my PC passwords and accounts!

If you need help, get intouch and will see if I can help you out as its not fair you end up being a target for these shitheads! :mad:

These sewer rats who use honest people in this way need to be stopped and Ebay needs to tighten up on these scams.

I also have listed expensive stuff on there like my hubbys Status Bass and had all sorts asking me to sell it to them in Nigeria as a present for their son,Indonisia for a gig they had coming up urgently and the like and all wanted to pay via Western Union or direct bank payment.

Beware of these scams! :mad:

Originally posted by flyscots:

The address listed, surprise surprise, appears to be non-existant.

So where the hell was this idiot going to have the money sent to???

When you go to the Western Union to pick up your cash...they ask for identification.

So...if some poor fool actually sends money to this rat, using that false POC info that is provided...how the hell is the rat going even get Western Union to release the money to him...???

This is too much...we are all watching a crime s-l-o-w-l-y unfold over the course of 3-4 days...

...and this guy has YET to get a call/visit from the authorities...???!!!

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

That isn't the same serial number. I think that the 006 serial number is genuine. The 009 serial that he gave before was bogus. I've seen those pics before. Not sure where. For a minute I thought that it was from the Manley Labs website, but I think I'm wrong.
**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

The best thing to do is to email all the bidders and warn them.

From what i can see about this guy is that its still a scam as normal sellers will start of with something very small because of Ebay selling costs and most will start by buying first then progress to selling.

I can email and see if i get a response and see if i can track the seller down that way through his email address and say i will pick it up.

I live in London so i know most areas well and can tell where hes based.

Will let you know what I come up with.

Hello, a Londoner here.

The scammer's address purports to be:

JASON TRITT

56 ST ALBANS

E166HQ, LONDON, UK

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! What a hilarious address - its obviously fake, because a simple search at streetmap.co.uk tells us that. St Albans is a town NORTH of London, while the "E16" part of the postcode tells you he is in EAST London.

I don't know if this is connected to a scam that happens here in London from the Sound on Sound readers ads - see HERE (SOUND ON SOUND)

BTW, his telephone number "7335523658" is fake too. I just tried it, even with a "0" in front (which is what you need).

What a wanker.

Cheers

Len

You saw those pictures last week on the LEGIT auction. Our UK scammer lifted all those photos and the text again on his newest auction... which I just got wiped off the face of the earth!

Updated info here on my

http://www.manleylabs.com/eBaypages/BOGUS_SLAM_files/bogusebay.gif

web page.

manleylabs.com

Originally posted by Len:

Hello, a Londoner here.

JASON TRITT

56 ST ALBANS

E166HQ, LONDON, UK

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! What a hilarious address - its obviously fake, because a simple search at streetmap.co.uk tells us that. St Albans is a town NORTH of London, while the "E16" part of the postcode tells you he is in EAST London.

I don't know if this is connected to a scam that happens here in London from the Sound on Sound readers ads - see HERE (SOUND ON SOUND)

BTW, his telephone number "7335523658" is fake too. I just tried it, even with a "0" in front (which is what you need).

What a wanker.

Cheers

Len

This is what i have just come up with.

There is an address after a post code search via Royal Mail thats

56 St Albans Avenue

London

E6 6HQ

This is a obvious scam as stated above as how the hell do you get your address wrong if you live there :o /

As for the number, well thast pretty much a fake to as all mobile numbers in the UK start with a 0 and that is not a landline number either.

Originally posted by Len:

Hello, a Londoner here.

JASON TRITT

56 ST ALBANS

E166HQ, LONDON, UK

What a wanker.

Cheers

Len

This is what i have just come up with.

There is an address after a post code search via Royal Mail thats

56 St Albans Avenue

London

E6 6HQ

This is a obvious scam as stated above as how the hell do you get your address wrong if you live there...

As for the number, well thats a fake to as all mobile numbers in the UK start with a 0 and that is not a landline number either.

Originally posted by forceman:

Do we all get substantial discounts for helping/supporting you?

Uhm, I was under the impression that I was donating my super-hero powers for free to help the poor, ignorant, and clueless people acquire used but legit Manley gear without getting ripped off, gear that I have already been paid for, when it was originally sold...

:evil:

:cool:

manleylabs.com

The link to the new auction has been taken down. Wow! Ebay is actually keeping an eye out for this bozo.

I really hope he gets to the point where they send local authorities out for him for committing fraud against Ebay. We as individuals may have difficulty going after him, especially since most bidders are outside the UK. But Ebay doesn't want this wart adding to the hysteria over ripoffs on their auction site.

Sink yer teeth into 'em, Ebay! :mad:

:D

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived