Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Complete Boss pedal collection.

7 hours ago, surfergirl said:

I was trying to remember what you were talking. I forgot about that the next day. 

Sure you did.

How would anyone know what race you are? Why throw in the age of your sister?

You boosted your false accusation adding melodrama and got the attention you wanted.

• Like 1

Okay, that's enough of this stuff.  Lets get back to the original topic, which is a for sale listing of a bunch of Boss pedals.  Geez, you know it's bad when I'm the one being mature and responsible.  And I don't get called that very often.

• Like 6
I rock; therefore, I am.

Not exactly on subject, but Boss related. I like the Boss footswitch but I wish there was some way I could switch between original and custom on my DS-1W by foot. That would make a more versatile pedal, but I guess you can't have everything and it's a great pedal as it is. 

Edit: what would make it really great would be a third option, using both at the same time. 

Edit #2: "You Can't Always Get What You Want".

• Like 3
Jenny S.

1 hour ago, surfergirl said:

Not exactly on subject, but Boss related. I like the Boss footswitch but I wish there was some way I could switch between original and custom on my DS-1W by foot. That would make a more versatile pedal, but I guess you can't have everything and it's a great pedal as it is. 

Edit: what would make it really great would be a third option, using both at the same time. 

@surfergirl, Buy a 2nd DS-1 pedal and you can set them differently and stomp on the one you want (and/or both)...although I never ran both at the same time, I ran two different MXR Compressor and Dyna Comp pedals.  May cost an extra $50 bucks but it will make your dream come true!  😎👍

• Like 3
Take care, Larryz

2 hours ago, surfergirl said:

Well... You could get a second DS-1 or DS-1w  to havetwo of those, and switch between or stack them... That would probably be the simplest way to accomplish most of what you want there. (EDIT: I see that Larryz beat me to the post with that suggestion! D'oh! )

I think that stacking your 2B into your DS-1w and switching them both on would get you some of that Custom Mode and/or imagined combination of Classic and Custom Modes. Kinda-sorta.

I'm sure you'd also really like the Keeley Retro Super Germanium Phat Mod; it blends and blurs elements of Overdrive, Distortion, and Fuzz, with a huge big, fat Phat Mode boost to lows, low-mids and mids. Aggressive without sounding "Metal", it still lets the character of your guitar and picking-hand "touch" shine through. I love mine! I bet you'd enjoy alternating the RSGPM with your DS-1w.

• Like 3

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I haven't done a deep dive but my "Swiss Army knife"distortion pedal is a Tech 21 Double Drive 3x. It's slightly smaller than 2 pedals with side jacks (it has jacks on the top of the box- actually the jacks are on the front!) but it has both Class A (even order harmonics) and Class AB (even and odd order harmonics) knobs so you can blend and adjust however you want. It also has a 3 band EQ - Bass Middle and Treble. LOTS of variations available and three programmable footswitches. 

• Like 3
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

18 hours ago, surfergirl said:

Yes @Larryzthat thought had crossed my mind. I can only fit a mini on my board without a total rearrange and I'm not a big fan of them. 

Is your board large enough to try the "staggered" mounting I used on my Novo 24? It definitely saved me some space on that lower tier.

My other suggestion would rely on your Amp having some kind of Channel Switching? Not the same as having two different settings for your DS-1W, but it would allow you to have different Gain or Drive levels for different tones.

• Like 4

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

2 hours ago, Winston Psmith said:

Is your board large enough to try the "staggered" mounting I used on my Novo 24? It definitely saved me some space on that lower tier.

I'm using the shelf from a bookcase, 22×11.5. The power supply takes up six inches of the second level, if I moved it from the center I could stagger some pedals. I could put some on the top tier also. I'm satisfied with what I have on the board for now. Everything is more of a want than a need, and I have to resist the urge to buy. 

• Like 6
Jenny S.

Sincere respect on building your own Pedalboard; those things are absurdly expensive, for what they are.

Given that, my thought is to put some feet or risers underneath the 'board, to create enough space to mount the Power Supply underneath, clearing space for your pedals. Cheap and relatively easy solution.

IKEA used to offer an inexpensive shelving unit called GORM. It looked a LOT like a Pedaltrain-style Pedalboard, but made of wood, and there are a lot of them posted online. Later on, IKEA switched to a design called HENJE, that, IMHO, looks even more like a Pedalboard. For some reason, the HENJE line is being discontinued as of July, so it looks as though most stores only have the entire assembly, rather than the individual parts? I got a 2-pack of the HENJE shelves for around $15, some time back.

• Like 4

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

On 3/5/2024 at 8:03 AM, Winston Psmith said:

my thought is to put some feet or risers underneath the 'board, to create enough space to mount the Power Supply underneath, clearing space for your pedals. Cheap and relatively easy solution.

👆:cool:👍  Right there, mhm-hmn...

• Like 2

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

On 3/5/2024 at 5:03 AM, Winston Psmith said:

Given that, my thought is to put some feet or risers underneath the 'board, to create enough space to mount the Power Supply underneath, clearing space for your pedals. Cheap and relatively easy solution.

These are $12 on Etsy with free shipping. il_794xN.2967404440_fhgk.thumb.jpg.9e35eb91705105047327093f1982308e.jpg

• Like 2
Jenny S.

6 minutes ago, Winston Psmith said:

I'd be wary of folding legs on anything that I'm going to step on.

I was thinking more of taking a 2x2 and cutting short lengths 

Better yet, I can probably find enough scrap pieces of wood.

• Like 3
Jenny S.

If you want something a little less "light industrial" looking, you could add something like this to the wood risers - Screw-on rubber bumpers 3/4 inch

They'll also give you just a little bit more space for the power brick and cables.

I use these - Cable tie base - with cable ties, to keep all my audio and power brick cables neatly bundled under my Pedalboards. You probably don't need 100 - yet - but FWIW, the 3/4-inch size fits perfectly under the rails of a Pedaltrain board. 1-inch bases are too wide to be completely invisible from the top of the 'board, but they're barely visible, and they work.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Winston Psmith said:

If you want something a little less "light industrial" looking, you could add something like this to the wood risers - Screw-on rubber bumpers 3/4 inch

They'll also give you just a little bit more space for the power brick and cables.

I use these - Cable tie base - with cable ties, to keep all my audio and power brick cables neatly bundled under my Pedalboards. You probably don't need 100 - yet - but FWIW, the 3/4-inch size fits perfectly under the rails of a Pedaltrain board. 1-inch bases are too wide to be completely invisible from the top of the 'board, but they're barely visible, and they work.

We get our supplies from Uline. I can probably buy the cables and cable tie bases I need from my work, they'll probably just give them to me if I only need a few.

• Like 2
Jenny S.