Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Adele playing a Fender Precision Bass

image.png.16557224c19264c0f38099ed7307f01a.png

This might be a bit absurd, but I found a picture of Adele playing this Fender Precision Bass. It looks to be a Fifties Fender Precision Bass, but it might also be a newer Fender Telecaster Bass, or one of the many Fender reissues (examples, 57 reissue, 62 reissue, 52 reissue Et Cetera.)

Can anyone tell me if she owns this bass or if she borrowed it, does she still own it, what tracks did she use it on? I know she played bass on her 19 album most notably on the song Best For Last (the picture sleeve of 19 shows her with a Washburn acoustic bass guitar)
My guess is that she does own one. But it might be just a prop. It would also be interesting if she used any amps like Fender Bassman, Fender Showman or Ampeg or Orange amps, etc.?
If anyone has information please let me know.

Could just be a factory stock recent P-Bass that somebody added an aftermarket brass colored pickguard. 

When I was a guitar tech I did that for a few players. It does look cool but so does the white/black/white/black/white guard and the tortoise shell guard. 

Parts is parts, my P-Bass is entirely parts with a Warmoth Jazz neck (ebony fretboard), EMG pickup, a custom red paint job and I forget the bridge. I own a Peavey Fury and it's more or less the same except for a maple fretboard. Both great basses. 

• Like 1
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

On 2/15/2024 at 6:33 AM, KuruPrionz said:

Could just be a factory stock recent P-Bass that somebody added an aftermarket brass colored pickguard. 

When I was a guitar tech I did that for a few players. It does look cool but so does the white/black/white/black/white guard and the tortoise shell guard. 

Parts is parts, my P-Bass is entirely parts with a Warmoth Jazz neck (ebony fretboard), EMG pickup, a custom red paint job and I forget the bridge. I own a Peavey Fury and it's more or less the same except for a maple fretboard. Both great basses. 

It's a nice touch specially on all black guitar.

3 hours ago, murphybridget said:

It's a nice touch specially on all black guitar.

Yes, it does look cool and is historically correct as well. A friend had a 57 Strat with an original gold anodized aluminum pick guard. It was one of Leo's interesting innovations. 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.