Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

clicking under one key of Kurzweil Forte... fix myself, or take it in?

I have one key (D below middle C) on my Forte 7 that gives a slight resistance and audible click when I play it. Maybe something small is loose or made its way in there at some point?

Does anyone here know how easy it is or isn't to get into the mechanism to clean?

I am not an engineer, but did once successfully replace keys on a DX7, and have done battery changes on various rack units, so am at least semi-comfortable. But, I'd probably rather pay for an hour of bench time.

Actually, I guess I just answered my own question. I've got a reliable guy locally who at least has a better space and processes than I have. But, I'm still curious if anyone here has opened their Forte for cleaning/repair and how that went.

3 hours ago, BluMunk said:

Does anyone here know how easy it is or isn't to get into the mechanism to clean?

... But, I'm still curious if anyone here has opened their Forte for cleaning/repair and how that went.

I didn't take pictures, but here's how to open the Forte:

https://forums.musicplayer.com/topic/172043-kurzweil-forte-tips-tricks-amp-other-cool-stuff/#comment-2735027

• Love 1

Legend '70s Compact, Jupiter-Xm, Studiologic Numa X 73

5 hours ago, BluMunk said:

But, I'm still curious if anyone here has opened their Forte for cleaning/repair and how that went.

My 1st inclination would be to take it apart mainly because 1) I'd have to know what's going on in there and 2) I feel comfortable doing my own tech work.😁

Otherwise, drop it off with the tech any pay the bench fee if it's more convenient.  Hopefully, it doesn't take 2-3 weeks to get the KB back.😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"