Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg KingKorg Neo

An updated KingKorg with a 37-key form factor. Would have preferred a 61 like the original, honestly.

https://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/kingkorg_neo/

• Like 3

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I like this, but three 'reimagined' older products I have now seen from Korg today. Where is the new, cutting edge stuff? 

• Haha 1

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

Interesting. I really liked the sound of the original, though I see this version loses the nutube. My biggest issue with it were awkward aspects of the interface, I hope they may have addressed that in the re-work.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I hope the new KingKORG NEO doesn't feature the same crap-tastic as their other 3 octave KBs.😁😎

• Like 1

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Reminds me of the Roland Jupiter XM conversion someone did on here in another thread. Like someone chopped down the KingKorg to fit a smaller keyboard.

• Like 1

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

2 hours ago, ProfD said:

I hope the new KingKORG NEO doesn't feature the same crap-tastic as their other 3 octave KBs.😁😎

Given that the enclosure looks the same, I fear the worst.

• Like 1

Yes, its the same keybed. Gack. I'd much prefer it as a module, Minilogue-style.

OTOH, I'm so ITB, hardware feels like a minor annoyance now. There's a big disconnect between my piano roots and how a 20-year-old EDM newbie might view a juicy VA library-in-a-box like this. I loosely wonder why more people don't just rack up several modules and drive them from 2 or 3 controllers. We each develop our own work flows, but that would seem like the cheapest route, with no loss of variety.

The sound is solid and the GUI is pleasingly direct, but it should come with a rack that tilts it forward, ABOVE a decent controller.

"Stay tuned for a new band: Out Of Sync."
     ~ "The Vet Life"

6 hours ago, analogika said:

I'm seeing $1099. 

Ah well. 

I'm seeing $700-800 within six months or less. It reminds me of the numerous smaller keyboards that sat at the top of the typical Patrick Moraz rig of the first big prog era. He'd reach up and tap one for a big white noise cymbal crash 'n such.   

"Stay tuned for a new band: Out Of Sync."
     ~ "The Vet Life"