Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Do You Buy Added Insurance for Your Keyboards & Equipment?

Also, home insurance will often specifically exclude "collections" of value and require those to be specifically approved and possibly listed individually. My vinyl collection, for example, had to be specifically covered. 

My current home studio is not covered by home insurance, because a) it's a collection of gear, and b) it's used at least partly professionally. 

"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement" (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)

The Drawbars | off jazz organ trio

Yes,   Have  additional rider and it's killing me.   When I had to prepare a list of my stuff, was surprised about some of the value of vintage gear.  I didn't pay anything near the value, but cost to replace sends it over the top.

Luckily it's tax deductible. 

It took some back and forth explaining, but was able to get Allstate to differentiate between "gig gear"  and the stuff that stays put.  Worth asking your agent because it can make significant difference in cost. They also factor how far you travel, how you travel, and type of venues.   I bundle auto, have alarms and do everything I can to whittle it down.  Only cheaper name brand insurance I've found is USAA but I'm not Military.

23 hours ago, Polkahero said:

Runs around $200/year for probably around $40k in equipment

Would you mind sharing who you use? That's a pretty great price.

Chris Corso

www.chriscorso.org

Lots of stuff.

On 1/7/2024 at 8:04 PM, ksoper said:

Pleasure Island/Disney World. Happiest place on earth my ass. 

We used to call it "Torture Island". 😀  We may have crossed paths.  Was there from '94-'03 Used to always visit the jazz club on breaks.   Played West end stage and R&R beach club 2x-3x a week. Plus was also doing the comedy club when needed.  Got to the point where I'd just bring my Midi rack and use Disney's stuff ( weirdly lots of Roland...)  Between flying, the nightly fireworks- confetti crap all over my stuff, and techs striking the stages between sets, my gear was getting hammered.

Chris Corso

www.chriscorso.org

Lots of stuff.