Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help with Korg M1 volume

My Korg M1 was unused for a couple of years.Last week when i turned it on, i got very faint audio level even at max.

All the tones are in tact, the internal battery is also fine.Just that the volume is barely audible.

There is very little technical support for Korg products in my location, But eventually i will get some technician

to look at it. I just wanted to understand what could possibly be the issue/remedy so as to ensure the local

technician doesn't go off-track.

Will really appreciate any suggestions/advice from the experts here.

Thanks a lot.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/4/2024 at 12:09 PM, arvind said:

My Korg M1 was unused for a couple of years.Last week when i turned it on, i got very faint audio level even at max.

All the tones are in tact, the internal battery is also fine.Just that the volume is barely audible.

There is very little technical support for Korg products in my location, But eventually i will get some technician

to look at it. I just wanted to understand what could possibly be the issue/remedy so as to ensure the local

technician doesn't go off-track.

Will really appreciate any suggestions/advice from the experts here.

Thanks a lot.

Just spotted this message. If the VOL slider is not the culprit, some electrolytic capacitor may have leaked and damaged the circuitry. It won't be first time a M1 develops that kind of problem. I recommend you have all the capacitors replaced on your M1, if there is any leakage, as all will eventually fail same way

• 2 weeks later...