Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

BlueStar Guitars

I came into possession of a guitar made by a luthier named Bruce Herron.  He hails from Michigan, but I don't believe he makes instruments any more.  Internet information shows he made electric mandolins (Mandoblaster) and Tele-like guitars (Psychocaster).  The only dealer that seemed to carry his stuff was Elderly Instruments. The guitar has a great maple neck, nice hardware, and a very unusual white pearlescent finish. 

Anyone ever heard of this guy or have any information on his instruments? 

Thanks a lot-

-dj

• Like 2

iMac i7 13.5.2

Studio One 5.5.2

Nord Stage 3

Nord Wave 2

Nektar T4

Drawmer DL 241

Focusrite ISA Two

Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre

12 hours ago, Sharkman said:

The phone number for Elderly Instruments in Lansing, Michigan is 517-372-7880.  They would be able to give you plenty of information.

Thanks, I will give them a call-

-dj

• Like 2

iMac i7 13.5.2

Studio One 5.5.2

Nord Stage 3

Nord Wave 2

Nektar T4

Drawmer DL 241

Focusrite ISA Two

Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I own three of Bruce’s guitars. A blue psycho caster with a reverse headstock that he made custom for me and two yellow travel casters. I would occasionally stop by his shop in Ganges and just a couple times when he moved to Paw Paw. The guitars were all hand made with poplar bodies and a unique psychedelic laminate top. Good quality hardware and vintage style pickups.

I believe Bruce sourced most of the wood he used locally in Michigan. I have not seen him in a number of years but he is a very nice guy and a true craftsman. He did tell me once that he built an instrument for a member of the band Government Mule.

• Like 1