Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Yamaha 3-pedal unit - FC35

Has anyone tried these?  They're pretty new, so possibly not.   Link below.   I just got myself a P-125, so I'm considering getting one of these.   They're compatible with P-121 / P-125 / P-125a / P-225 / P-515 / P-525 / P-S500 / DGX-670, and they're free-standing, don't require any kind of Yamaha wooden stand or anything.   I'm sure they work fine.   I guess it's just a question of details - whether they slide around, how they feel, that kind of thing.

Yamaha FC35 3-Pedal Unit

If I get one, I'll report back with my findings.

If you get one, one thing to watch out for, apparently, is to be careful if you set up your piano on top of a table.   This video explains it.  If, like me, you don't speak Japanese, just read the English subtitles.    Under normal use, this wouldn't be a problem - only if you set up your piano on an actual table top.   In that case, use an extension cable, like the guy does in this video.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, stoken6 said:

Would love to put this kind of thing on my pedalboard. Does anyone know:

1. What the wiring is inside that DIN plug?

2. Whether there's any half-pedalling or similar going on, or whether they are three straight on/off switches?

Cheers, Mike.

Not sure about the wiring inside the DIN plug.

But the FC35 does support half-pedaling.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Floyd Tatum said:

Not sure about the wiring inside the DIN plug.

But the FC35 does support half-pedaling.

Thanks. Half-pedalling implies more than "three on/off switches", and leads us into specific manufacturer/proprietary solutions. I'll have to stop dreaming about this thing.

Cheers, Mike.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2023 at 8:27 AM, stoken6 said:

Thanks. Half-pedalling implies more than "three on/off switches", and leads us into specific manufacturer/proprietary solutions. I'll have to stop dreaming about this thing.             Cheers, Mike.

The FC35 is designed for piano players.  Perhaps you're looking for a programmable midi footpedal array?  Yamaha used to make the MFC10.   Behringer made a similar product called FCB1010.    I'm not sure if either are still available, but you might find used ones.   Similar products may still be on the market.   Back when I had a rig with a controller keyboard, I considered getting a Yamaha MFC10.   The Behringer is similar, and has two expression pedals instead of one.

mfc10_1200x480_4bd430ab6aa623d353340f776