Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Four easy ways of improving your photos instantly

Good advice! I use my android for photos if I am out and about, the portability of a cell phone cannot be matched. 

If I have a shoot lined up I prefer using my Canon 6d and a small but versatile set of lenses. 

If you buy used from reliable vendors you can save a lot of money on lenses. 

I have a 17-40 f4L, the newest version of the Nifty Fifty -50mm 1.8, an 85 1.8 and a 135 f2L, all Canon. 

I also have adapters for Pentax K mount lenses and a couple of those but I rarely use them. 

The 6d is a great value now that the 6dII is out. Lots of bang for the buck. 

Unlike my old and long gone 5d, the quality of the photos at ISO 3200 is remarkable. Maybe not quite as good as shooting at ISO 200 but orders of magnitude better than the noisy photos from the 5d at that setting. 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome. And glad you like the advice!

As I believe you know, I purchase used almost all the time. And not just for camera gear. I buy tons of stuff used. I've never owned a new car either. They're too expensive and I don't like constantly making payments.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KenElevenShadows said:

Awesome. And glad you like the advice!

As I believe you know, I purchase used almost all the time. And not just for camera gear. I buy tons of stuff used. I've never owned a new car either. They're too expensive and I don't like constantly making payments.

I hardly ever buy new. Sox and underwear - yes. Careful shopping at thrift stores has kept me in clothes for literally dimes on the dollar for decades. I can only remember buying one new guitar, a Gibson L6-S. Long since gone. Guitars have come and gone, I'm happy with what I have now and all of my guitars, amps and cords were bought used. The same is true for microphones. Strings I do buy new. Sometimes parts if I can't find used ones. Cars are never new and I was given the car I own now and the one I owned before it. If/when they need major work done, I sell them honestly and find something else. 

I live in town now, I can easily walk to 4 different grocery stores and a hardware store. There are bus stops going in both directions about 150 yards away, a monthly bus pass will be about $35 if/when I get to that point. Life is good.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.